A119 V3 Does not sense or enter Parking mode after firmware update V1.03

Valkyrie

There is a parking mode issue on V1.02 for no GPS version, that's the main difference.
Can you address the parking mode issue with V1.03 that we're discussing in this thread. I understand a change was made due to a issue with V1.02 that was not widely known. So it should be easily identifiable why V1.03 no longer enters parking mode consistently.

F1Pilot

I am having a similar issue with my recently purchased A119 V3. I bought two of these units, running front and back as separate units. Both with hardwired kits, they both have 12V from the lighter socket circuit and ACC wire connected to a circuit that is powered when the cars ignition is on.

The rear camera works as it should, enters parking mode, records when senses motion and will also permanently store files with a G-Sensor movement.

The front camera is on the exact same settings, yet it will not enter parking mode. It is not the motion sensing, as I've tested it with the car facing a wall. If anything, Id expect the rear to have problems as it can see some trees when parked, but the motion sensitivity seems perfect and it doesnt trigger in light wind.

So whats going on here? Obviously some software issue still with V1.03, as it will not enter parking mode. Due to this, I will need to purchase more expensive larger SD cards, because the front will only store 2 hrs of continuous recording, no good for overnight monitoring.

Capture Your Action

I am having a similar issue with my recently purchased A119 V3. I bought two of these units, running front and back as separate units. Both with hardwired kits, they both have 12V from the lighter socket circuit and ACC wire connected to a circuit that is powered when the cars ignition is on.

The rear camera works as it should, enters parking mode, records when senses motion and will also permanently store files with a G-Sensor movement.

The front camera is on the exact same settings, yet it will not enter parking mode. It is not the motion sensing, as I've tested it with the car facing a wall. If anything, Id expect the rear to have problems as it can see some trees when parked, but the motion sensitivity seems perfect and it doesnt trigger in light wind.

So whats going on here? Obviously some software issue still with V1.03, as it will not enter parking mode. Due to this, I will need to purchase more expensive larger SD cards, because the front will only store 2 hrs of continuous recording, no good for overnight monitoring.
Does the rear cam enter parking mode as soon as the car shuts off, or does it take 5-10 minutes to enter?

F1Pilot

Does the rear cam enter parking mode as soon as the car shuts off, or does it take 5-10 minutes to enter?
I have not tested the time it takes to enter parking mode yet. I believe the manual states 90seconds, but I will test that when I can.

Capture Your Action

I have not tested the time it takes to enter parking mode yet. I believe the manual states 90seconds, but I will test that when I can.
If your using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit and it’s wired correctly, then it should enter parking mode within 5-10 seconds once the engine it shut off. If your not using the Viofo 3-wire kit, then it’s supposed to enter parking mode after about 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activity, but there seems to be an issue with it entering parking mode with this firmware (when not using the Viofo kit).

F1Pilot

If your using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit and it’s wired correctly, then it should enter parking mode within 5-10 seconds once the engine it shut off. If your not using the Viofo 3-wire kit, then it’s supposed to enter parking mode after about 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activity, but there seems to be an issue with it entering parking mode with this firmware (when not using the Viofo kit).
Interesting. Both cameras are using the 3 wire kits.

Capture Your Action

Interesting. Both cameras are using the 3 wire kits.
You need to determine if the front camera is actually entering parking mode. Once the car is shut off, the icon of a car in the top left corner of the lcd screen (parking mode icon) should change to the icon of a stickman (auto event detection - sounds like that’s what your using). If it does, then there is something still triggering motion detection. Could be something as small as a blinking red light on your dash. If it’s not entering parking mode, then your yellow wire on the hardwire kit is still receiving power.

F1Pilot

You need to determine if the front camera is actually entering parking mode. Once the car is shut off, the icon of a car in the top left corner of the lcd screen (parking mode icon) should change to the icon of a stickman (auto event detection - sounds like that’s what your using). If it does, then there is something still triggering motion detection. Could be something as small as a blinking red light on your dash. If it’s not entering parking mode, then your yellow wire on the hardwire kit is still receiving power.
The icon of the car is there, when the car is shut off. However the recording dot on screen just keeps flashing. There is no stick man image that appears, to show it has detected motion, but the recording just keeps on going.

Capture Your Action

The icon of the car is there, when the car is shut off. However the recording dot on screen just keeps flashing. There is no stick man image that appears, to show it has detected motion, but the recording just keeps on going.
That would indicate the yellow wire still has power after the engine shuts off.

ds2010

The parking mode in a119 v3 gps only works with the hk3 adapter, when we do not use this adapter it does not work at all.
Are you talking about the behavior specifically when used with this particular firmware (build 20200930) ? Cuz that statement of yours is not true for some other firmware revisions. For example, V1.03 build 20190911 correctly enters and exits parking mode when used without HK3 (e.g. powered for example from the USB powerbank).

Valeri240149

[QUOTE = "viofo, post: 39923, member: 1817"]
Пожалуйста, обновите прошивку до этой прошивки. [/QUOTE]
Она почему то хуже, чем версия FW 201 20200901, опять тихий звук, хуже обработка экспозиции

Attachments

Last edited:

ds2010

Even with firmware version 2.1, the parking mode does not work properly.
Once the camera is in park mode, it will stay there. Even if I am already driving and GPS is there.
That's bad. So, VIOFO have (inadvertently?) re-introduced that 1.03 build 20190924 bug which I wrote about, four posts above... Oops.
They probably use multiple concurrent software branches in their version control system, and only fix the reported bugs in some of them. :)
C'mon VIOFO, it shouldn't be that hard to fix that "not exiting parking mode" bug once and for all. Please do that and share the firmware.

k3dz10r

That's bad. So, VIOFO have (inadvertently?) re-introduced that 1.03 build 20190924 bug which I wrote about, four posts above... Oops.
They probably use multiple concurrent software branches in their version control system, and only fix the reported bugs in some of them. :)
C'mon VIOFO, it shouldn't be that hard to fix that "not exiting parking mode" bug once and for all. Please do that and share the firmware.

Parking mode works normally with the viofo hk3 adapter

ds2010

Parking mode works normally with the viofo hk3 adapter
I know that.
The point is that it also works fine without the HK3, in f/w Rev 1.03 build 20190911.
Then something went wrong with it in build 20190924. I lodged a ticket with VIOFO, and they acknowledged the issue and said it would be fixed. However, that slipped through the cracks again in v2, judging by the post of gnalol above.