A119 V3 Parking modes are not working

sza85

Hi!

Last week I went to a car hi-fi store where the guys connected the hardwire cable to the fuse box, and when starting up the car, the camera starts up fine. Check.
But when I turn on parking mode (either motion sensing, or for instance 3fps recording, it's just not working. When I turn off the car, lights go out on the cam as well.

• the cable is connected to the GPS mount (I can see that with later models, this shouldn't be an issue)
  • the guy who connected the hw cable told me that there is only one way to do it, so it should work (I told him why it is needed, I'm not really into electronics, but he told me it should be fine)
  • I tried auto recording + motion on/off + 3fps recording, the icons are there always when I enable these modes
  • FW is 1.02.
  • voltage cut off is set to 12,4 I guess
What could be the problem? Is it possible that it wasn't connected the way it should have been?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

All A119V3 models can use the GPS mount with the 3-wire kit, so that should not be an issue. I assume your using the Viofo 3-wire kit?

Either the guy connected the red wire to an accessory fuse (shuts off with the car) or the hardiwre kit is shutting it down due to the low voltage cutoff being reached. Once you shut off the car, how long does the camera remain powered?

sza85

It's the Viofo hk3 kit yes, I ordered it with the camera. I can't tell exactly how long it remains powered, but I guess the rec button starts flashing for like 1 second and then it shuts down. I don't think it's the battery, the car otself is just a few months old, and I usally drive at least 30kms everytime.

Capture Your Action

If the camera is shutting down within about 5-10 seconds after you turn off the car, then it sounds like the red wire is connected to an accessory fuse that shuts down with the car. The red wire needs to be powered at all times.
If the camera remains powered for about 90 seconds after you shut off the car, then it would appear that the low voltage cutoff is being reached as 90 seconds is buffered time limit for how long the kit will continue to power the camera after the voltage falls below the cutoff point.