A129 Duo stuck on logo/start up screen

Zimlet

Hi, looking for help. My A129 camera is stuck on the loading screen. The Recording and Mic LEDs are on, but no response from pressing any buttons. The camera is using the rear camera, and is hardwired. I would appreciate any help on trouble shooting. Thank you.

Dunay_PL

Hi,
The same situation with me. Any ideas on how to fix it? We need help VIOFO!

Capture Your Action

Have you tried powering up the camera with the rear camera unplugged?

Also try powering it without a memory card inserted.

Be sure to use only the Viofo supplied power source and cable or the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit. Make sure ground on kit is securely connected to the metal framing under the dash to a bare metal spot.

Dunay_PL

I have tried unplugged, without card, to 2A. Nothing helps. In car i have Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit. I tried at my PC, same reaction.

Capture Your Action

I have tried unplugged, without card, to 2A. Nothing helps. In car i have Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit. I tried at my PC, same reaction.
If your still under warranty, contact your seller. If warranty is up, it's worth opening it up and inspecting the capacitors. If the bottoms of the caps are rounded and not flat, then it's likely bad.

Kjd

How do you update the firmware if you can’t get past the logo set up screen

Kjd

Ok. Just updated firmware on my a129 duo. Still stuck on the start logo hello !!!!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member

Attachments

Kjd

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
thank you for trying ive just done the firmware update from your link but still stuck on the viofo load screen . no idea what to do now
Hello,

Please download the attached file again. I just changed the attached file.

It still doesn't work probably due to the wrong name of the firmware. Now I've renamed it. Please try again.

tomrugar

Same problem with my unit. After trying to install the firmware again I still have the camera stuck on the boot screen.

tomrugar

Hello,

Please download the attached file again. I just changed the attached file.

It still doesn't work probably due to the wrong name of the firmware. Now I've renamed it. Please try again.
I just did the provided steps, proceeded with firmware update using a 32GB micro SD can on FAT32 format. The dashcam starts showing the LED indicators that the Firmware was installed and after restarting the camera still remains on the Logo Screen.
I don't have plugged the GPS or the Rear Camera while doing these steps.

Please advice.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Same issue :(
Hello,

May I know how do you power the dashcam? use a hardwire or the supplied car charger? through the GPS mount or the USB port on the camera body side? You can try another way to power it.

If it doesn't work, please try to upgrade the firmware and reset the dashcam. I'm attaching the latest firmware for A129 Duo. You can upgrade it by referring to this link. After the upgrading, remember to manually default the settings in the setting menu, and then press and hold the reset hole for 5 seconds.

Please let me know the result. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

mucuracat

Hello,

May I know how do you power the dashcam? use a hardwire or the supplied car charger? through the GPS mount or the USB port on the camera body side? You can try another way to power it.

If it doesn't work, please try to upgrade the firmware and reset the dashcam. I'm attaching the latest firmware for A129 Duo. You can upgrade it by referring to this link. After the upgrading, remember to manually default the settings in the setting menu, and then press and hold the reset hole for 5 seconds.

Please let me know the result. Thanks!
Hi,

It don't work in car, with or without back camera or gps.
It don't work at home. Tried 3 cables and usb power. Even thru PC

Rec and Mic leds are red. It reacts on first button, so I can close camera and start with first button.
But it stays on VIOFO logo.

I tried Firmware 1.5 again and 2.1 and 2.2

I will try your Firmware and let it know

UPDATE: Still not working :(
Tried different sdcards. :(

Last edited: