A129 PRO 4K Duo as rear view on external screen in LCV cars

rozwell

Hello there.

I'm searching for a dash cam which will obviously do it's job as dual registrar, but also be able to display image from rear camera on external the screen.
We want to use it as rear view in LCV type of cars (like Fiat Ducato / Citroën Jumper / Peugeot Boxer / etc.) which don't have middle back mirror and the screen with a camera are needed.
From A129 PRO manual I learned there is an option to set what will be showed on screen, and it has "Rear Only" mode, so I have a few questions:

1. What exactly will be showed on external screen?
  2. Will the screen stay always on, when recording?
  3. Will registrar remember the "Rear Only" mode? - I came across info on the forums it goes back to default Front + Rear overlay every time(?)
  4. What will be shown on external screen in parking mode?

We want to have 24h monitoring so the Viofo would be hardwired and using parking mode. Powered from a separate car battery which will be charged only when the engine is running, disconnected when the engine is off. This will keep main battery reliable, even when the car stays on parking for a few days.

Thanks in advance!

xiongguoy

What exactly will be showed on external screen?
Same as the display on the device. Once it detects the external screen, the external becomes the main and the on device display is shut off.

Will the screen stay always on, when recording?
Yes, the screen saver display time out only applies to the on device display, external screen will always get video feed.

Will registrar remember the "Rear Only" mode? - I came across info on the forums it goes back to default Front + Rear overlay every time(?)
Mine is set to Rear+Front overlay, and the device seems to remember this setting.

What will be shown on external screen in parking mode?
This i do not know as the device will only enter parking mode when car is off, when there is no power from ACC,
Without power to ACC my external display is off.

rozwell

What exactly will be showed on external screen?
Same as the display on the device. Once it detects the external screen, the external becomes the main and the on device display is shut off.

Will the screen stay always on, when recording?
Yes, the screen saver display time out only applies to the on device display, external screen will always get video feed.

Will registrar remember the "Rear Only" mode? - I came across info on the forums it goes back to default Front + Rear overlay every time(?)
Mine is set to Rear+Front overlay, and the device seems to remember this setting.

What will be shown on external screen in parking mode?
This i do not know as the device will only enter parking mode when car is off, when there is no power from ACC,
Without power to ACC my external display is off.
Thank you once more! That's exactly as I would expect it to work :D