A139 parking mode

savcoco

Just buy a A139 dashcam on 2 ch and I dont get it how Parking mode works. Mention that I try to use camera without HK3 hardware kit, the camera is connected to a usb powerbank when parked (30.000mA powerbank). I attached the settings bellow and mention that with these settings the camera records all the time, it seems not be able to enter in parking mode. From Customer support I know that the camera should be enter in parking mode in 5 minutes of 000km/h and without G sensor impact. What should I do? I want that camera start record in auto event detect mode/motion detection not recording all the time. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

savcoco

Solved! Seems that the power cable was the problem. I received another usb power cable from Viofo and everything its ok now.

Jimin

Solved! Seems that the power cable was the problem. I received another usb power cable from Viofo and everything its ok now.
I just ordered a A139 2ch as well as you and was planning to connect the same as you. How long time does it work before you have to recharge?

Jimin

On a Tellur 30.000 mA (https://www.tellur.com/product/30000mah-compact-power-bank/) it works arround 20 hours at 0 C degree, and 26 hours at 15 C degrees. Its ok if you buy 2 or 3 powerbanks. My camera stay allways on powerbank (even if I drive) and when I park, the camera enter in parking mode with Auto event detection. I am very satisfied with this!
So you have to switch between these power banks? Sounds like a smart solution!
What do you think about this solution that I found on another thread

savcoco

Yes, one power bank is recharging at home, the second one is in the car, tommorow will switch between. The solution from your post can be a good deal!

Jimin

Yes, one power bank is recharging at home, the second one is in the car, tommorow will switch between. The solution from your post can be a good deal!
Smart! Like that you never have to have a dead battery!

savcoco

Yes, every morning i took from home a charged power-bank to replace in the car, but the car is protected with camera 24/24.

ViofoCanadaUser123

How safe is a Lithium Polymer battery for high temperatures in a car? I am just trying to learn. I currently own a Lithium Phosphate battery from BlackBoxMyCar called the BI-750. It is on the pricey side but I like it so far.

savcoco

From what I know, the problem of Li-Po battery is when charging, not when discharging. For 4 years I use this king of batteries in my car and were no problem until now, only 3 batteries were change because of big numbers of charging cycles.

KPK

I have just bought Viofo A139 (3ch) (Interior Camera not connected yet). I also bought Viofo hardwire kit. I have connected the Battery wire (Red) to "ECU-B No.2" fuse and ACC wire (Yellow) to "CIG&P/OUTLET". Have set Parking Mode to "Low Bitrate Recording", but it turns off 2 minutes after I have turned off the car. Please see attached images of my settings. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I have just bought Viofo A139 (3ch) (Interior Camera not connected yet). I also bought Viofo hardwire kit. I have connected the Battery wire (Red) to "ECU-B No.2" fuse and ACC wire (Yellow) to "CIG&P/OUTLET". Have set Parking Mode to "Low Bitrate Recording", but it turns off 2 minutes after I have turned off the car. Please see attached images of my settings. What am I doing wrong?
Hello,

Did you install the HK3-C hardwire kit, not HK3?

I'm attaching the instruction for hardwire's installation. You can read it and see if something is wrong with the installation.

Attachments

Last edited:

OderintDumMetuant

I have recently installed a Viofo A139 (3ch), including the HK3-C hardwire kit. I am able to turn on wifi, go into the settings, and turn the Parking Mode to Low Bitrate Recording. And indeed, when I turn off my car the A139 announces that Parking Mode is turned on, and it starts recording video files to the memory card as expected.

Once.

After I return to my car, start it up and drive, when I turn it off the Parking Mode doesn't re-engage automatically. The A139 will record great when driving, but Parking Mode will simply not re-engage. I go back to the settings and find Parking Mode has turned itself Off. I can manually turn it back to Low Bitrate Recording and it will work - once - but after starting the car and turning it off again, no Parking Mode.

Screencaps of settings are attached (showing Parking Mode in Off setting); would appreciate if anyone can tell me if any of my other settings are at fault.

Attachments

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean the parking mode settings will be set to off by the camera itself? Can you check the firmware version number?

OderintDumMetuant

Do you mean the parking mode settings will be set to off by the camera itself? Can you check the firmware version number?
Yes. I mean that I turn on Parking Mode via the app; I shut off the car and Parking Mode starts and runs as expected; I start the car and the A139 records driving as expected; and I shut off the car again and the A139 turns off entirely - no Parking Mode. I open the app and check the settings, Parking Mode is now turned off…and I didn’t do it. Happens every time without fail.

Firmware version (as shown in the app) is VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507. App version 2.1.4.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. I mean that I turn on Parking Mode via the app; I shut off the car and Parking Mode starts and runs as expected; I start the car and the A139 records driving as expected; and I shut off the car again and the A139 turns off entirely - no Parking Mode. I open the app and check the settings, Parking Mode is now turned off…and I didn’t do it. Happens every time without fail.

Firmware version (as shown in the app) is VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507. App version 2.1.4.
How long has this problem happened since you installed the A139? We suggest you reload the firmware with the attached V1.2 firmware.

Attachments

OderintDumMetuant

How long has this problem happened since you installed the A139? We suggest you reload the firmware with the attached V1.2 firmware.
My problem has been occurring ever since I installed the hardwire kit - which has only been about a week.

When I saw your attachment yesterday and looked at the firmware version, I almost replied immediately to tell you I thought that was the exact same version to which I'd already upgraded when my problem began. I decided to just wait until I could apply the update today.

So today I installed the firmware you provided, and checked the version in the app. Just as I thought, no difference: VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507. I turned on Parking Mode and shut off my ignition, and (just as before) my A139 announced that Parking Mode was starting.

But now for the test: I started up the car again, let it run for a minute while my A139 announced it was recording - and then shut off the car. And this time (unlike before) my A139 announced that Parking Mode was starting! I turned off and restarted my car 3-4 times, and every time the A139 entered Parking Mode as expected.

Unless time proves otherwise, I'm considering my problem resolved -- thank you! As far as I could tell the firmware you provided was the same version I'd just installed a few days earlier, but either I'm wrong about that or the .bin file I installed earlier was corrupted, because it seems to be working as expected after the reload.

UPDATE: An hour or so after posting the above, I had occasion to cycle my ignition on/off again and Parking Mode failed to engage. I repeated cycling ignition on/off a few times, but Parking Mode never engaged; the A139 has returned to previous behavior It seems my earlier success was short-lived indeed.

Next step(s)?

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
My problem has been occurring ever since I installed the hardwire kit - which has only been about a week.

When I saw your attachment yesterday and looked at the firmware version, I almost replied immediately to tell you I thought that was the exact same version to which I'd already upgraded when my problem began. I decided to just wait until I could apply the update today.

So today I installed the firmware you provided, and checked the version in the app. Just as I thought, no difference: VIOFO_A139_V1.2_0507. I turned on Parking Mode and shut off my ignition, and (just as before) my A139 announced that Parking Mode was starting.

But now for the test: I started up the car again, let it run for a minute while my A139 announced it was recording - and then shut off the car. And this time (unlike before) my A139 announced that Parking Mode was starting! I turned off and restarted my car 3-4 times, and every time the A139 entered Parking Mode as expected.

Unless time proves otherwise, I'm considering my problem resolved -- thank you! As far as I could tell the firmware you provided was the same version I'd just installed a few days earlier, but either I'm wrong about that or the .bin file I installed earlier was corrupted, because it seems to be working as expected after the reload.

UPDATE: An hour or so after posting the above, I had occasion to cycle my ignition on/off again and Parking Mode failed to engage. I repeated cycling ignition on/off a few times, but Parking Mode never engaged; the A139 has returned to previous behavior It seems my earlier success was short-lived indeed.

Next step(s)?
I suppose it could be caused by the hardwiring installation.

Do you use the original cables? Please check if the hardwire kit is installed correctly. You can take the attached file as a reference.

We also suggest trying low-bitrate recording with the rear cable unplugged.

Attachments

Last edited:

OderintDumMetuant

I suppose it could be caused by the hardwiring installation.

Do you use the original cables? Please check if the hardwire kit is installed correctly. You can take the attached file as a reference.

We also suggest trying low-bitrate recording with the rear cable unplugged.
I did use all original cables included with the HK3-C hardwire kit, along with these Add-a-Circuit fuse adapters. Verified (twice) that the hardwire kit was properly installed: everything checks out 100% testing with a multimeter at the output side of the fuse. Also verified solid connections, nothing loose. I'm 99.999% confident the kit is installed exactly as should be.

TBH, my A139's (mis)behavior doesn't seem consistent with anything I'd expect if the hardwire kit were incorrectly or poorly installed. It works every time - perfectly - the first time after I've manually turned on Parking Mode. And (except for immediately after my latest firmware upgrade described above) Parking Mode fails to start every time after that. It's not inconsistent, intermittent, unpredictable behavior like might be expected if hardwiring was loose; I can predict exactly when it will work and when it won't. And since it does work as expected (one time only) after turning Parking Mode on in the app, that seemingly confirms to me that I chose appropriate points in the fusebox to connect the BAT, ACC, and GRD wires of the hardwire kit or it would never work at all.

Low-bitrate is my preferred Parking Mode, so that is what I've been trying during most of what I've been describing here. I have, however, tried all other Parking Mode options to see if I got any different results, but the other modes acted the same: Worked once after turning on Parking Mode, but not again.

Any other ideas?

Capture Your Action

I did use all original cables included with the HK3-C hardwire kit, along with these Add-a-Circuit fuse adapters. Verified (twice) that the hardwire kit was properly installed: everything checks out 100% testing with a multimeter at the output side of the fuse. Also verified solid connections, nothing loose. I'm 99.999% confident the kit is installed exactly as should be.

TBH, my A139's (mis)behavior doesn't seem consistent with anything I'd expect if the hardwire kit were incorrectly or poorly installed. It works every time - perfectly - the first time after I've manually turned on Parking Mode. And (except for immediately after my latest firmware upgrade described above) Parking Mode fails to start every time after that. It's not inconsistent, intermittent, unpredictable behavior like might be expected if hardwiring was loose; I can predict exactly when it will work and when it won't. And since it does work as expected (one time only) after turning Parking Mode on in the app, that seemingly confirms to me that I chose appropriate points in the fusebox to connect the BAT, ACC, and GRD wires of the hardwire kit or it would never work at all.

Low-bitrate is my preferred Parking Mode, so that is what I've been trying during most of what I've been describing here. I have, however, tried all other Parking Mode options to see if I got any different results, but the other modes acted the same: Worked once after turning on Parking Mode, but not again.

Any other ideas?
After you changed firmware, did you go into the cameras settings and manually default the camera? Do so if not. You will also want to press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds after defaulting the settings.