A139 parking mode

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Can you check if the camera turns off normally? I am afraid the camera reset the settings to the default.
Also check every time after you restarted the car the parking mode setting will be return to off?

KPK

Hello,

Did you install the HK3-C hardwire kit, not HK3?

I'm attaching the instruction for hardwire's installation. You can read it and see if something is wrong with the installation.
Thank you for your help. I have connected it and the parking mode is working perfectly. But now I have to find the cheapest way to power it so it can keep recording longer than 7 hours.

KPK

On a Tellur 30.000 mA (https://www.tellur.com/product/30000mah-compact-power-bank/) it works arround 20 hours at 0 C degree, and 26 hours at 15 C degrees. Its ok if you buy 2 or 3 powerbanks. My camera stay allways on powerbank (even if I drive) and when I park, the camera enter in parking mode with Auto event detection. I am very satisfied with this!
How does it switch to parking mode. If the dashcam is connected to a power bank, how does it detect that your car is turned off?

aloytan66

As for the VIOFO 3-Wire ACC Hardwiring Kit, I think the wires are labeled wrongly. The yellow wire supposed to be "Battery" or constant power line. The red wire supposed to be "ACC" or accessory line. Try switching them over and your dash cam should work properly.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
As for the VIOFO 3-Wire ACC Hardwiring Kit, I think the wires are labeled wrongly. The yellow wire supposed to be "Battery" or constant power line. The red wire supposed to be "ACC" or accessory line. Try switching them over and your dash cam should work properly.
Hello,

May I know if you tried to install the HK3 hardwire kit in this way?

aloytan66

Hello,

May I know if you tried to install the HK3 hardwire kit in this way?
I have been using the Viofo A119 V3 for a couple of months. Initially connected to the car by using the USB cable that comes with the Viofo package. Obviously, the Parking Mode function can't be used.

I picked up a HK3 hardwire kit from Blackbox My Car and connect it accordingly. Red wire to constant power line and yellow wire to accessory line. I found out that the dash cam keep on recording while the engine is off. I think I read somewhere (can't recall where) that someone switch over the lines and his dash cam works again. I tried that, and it works.

I believe the company that manufactured the hardwire kit just mislabeled the wires.

Those that uses other hardwire kits, can you please confirm that the yellow wire is labelled as "Battery", and red as "ACC"? Thanks.

KPK

I have been using the Viofo A119 V3 for a couple of months. Initially connected to the car by using the USB cable that comes with the Viofo package. Obviously, the Parking Mode function can't be used.

I picked up a HK3 hardwire kit from Blackbox My Car and connect it accordingly. Red wire to constant power line and yellow wire to accessory line. I found out that the dash cam keep on recording while the engine is off. I think I read somewhere (can't recall where) that someone switch over the lines and his dash cam works again. I tried that, and it works.

I believe the company that manufactured the hardwire kit just mislabeled the wires.

Those that uses other hardwire kits, can you please confirm that the yellow wire is labelled as "Battery", and red as "ACC"? Thanks.
I have connected my Viofo A139 using Viofo HK3 and works perfectly. On HK3 yellow is labelled as ACC and red is labelled as battery.

Capture Your Action

Red is battery and yellow is ACC. Never heard anyone ever receiving one that was the opposite.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you for your feedback about this issue! Could you please provide a photo of your hardwire kit's connection?

Normally, the red cable is the battery, and the yellow is ACC. I suppose the staff who works on the hardwire kit could make a mistake if the hardwire kit is as you said. We'll report it to the factory.

If you have any questions when you use Hardwire kit in the future, please feel free to contact us!

aloytan66

Thank you for your feedback about this issue! Could you please provide a photo of your hardwire kit's connection?

Normally, the red cable is the battery, and the yellow is ACC. I suppose the staff who works on the hardwire kit could make a mistake if the hardwire kit is as you said. We'll report it to the factory.

If you have any questions when you use Hardwire kit in the future, please feel free to contact us!
I did use 2 hardware kits. Both purchased at the same time (Jul 3). One for my Santa Fe, and the other for my daughter's Civic. The red cables are labeled as battery, and yellow as ACC.

Both vehicles do have the same issue. Maybe it is just this batch that is faulty.

I'll try to take some pictures and get back to you. Thanks.

aloytan66

Attachments

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I did use 2 hardware kits. Both purchased at the same time (Jul 3). One for my Santa Fe, and the other for my daughter's Civic. The red cables are labeled as battery, and yellow as ACC.

Both vehicles do have the same issue. Maybe it is just this batch that is faulty.

I'll try to take some pictures and get back to you. Thanks.
You're so lucky lol! We'll pay more attentions to producing details in the future.

Please see if the function is normal when you use the two hardwire kits. I would be very pleased to help you if you met any questions next.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
How does it switch to parking mode. If the dashcam is connected to a power bank, how does it detect that your car is turned off?
The dashcam can detect the car shut-off by motion detection.

givenlau

I bought a A139 3CH for overnight recording. But It wouldn’t enter parking mode. I am using a power bank with the original cigarette charging cable (connected by a cigarette charger adapter ). I have tried motion detect mode and 5fps mode. Neither of them worked. Can anyone help please? Thanks

xtrexus

Has anybody simply added a 12V switch on the battery wire of the HK3-C to turn the parking mode on and off as desired?

Massimo

On a Tellur 30.000 mA (https://www.tellur.com/product/30000mah-compact-power-bank/) it works arround 20 hours at 0 C degree, and 26 hours at 15 C degrees. Its ok if you buy 2 or 3 powerbanks. My camera stay allways on powerbank (even if I drive) and when I park, the camera enter in parking mode with Auto event detection. I am very satisfied with this!
I bought a Tellur 30.000. on your advice.I would like to know which cable you use for connecting the dashcam to the powerbank and how long the power bank needs to recharge.Thanks