F1 Firmware

philiwahnilli

Hi Falsificator,
I see you are still doing a good job with dashcam firmware mods. I'm currently using two Gitup F1 in a stereoscopic 3D setup (3D printed frame) with your firmware and the footage is amazing. The F1 supports 24fps, so it is a very good bet for me, as 3D (Bluray) standard is 24fps.
Is it a big deal to change the framerate (which mostly is 30fps) for other dashcams to 24fps as well? Adding your upgrades for sharpness and dynamic range, bitrate etc. would be a cherry on the cake here) . In particular, I was wondering if this mods would be possible for the Firefly 2 cube cam ore the firefly 4k split, as these are more easy to integrate into a housing.
Thanks & Best regards
Phil

setdbid

Hi, Falsificator
I tried both mod versions 1.5 and 1.6. In poor lighting conditions, the recordings are much darker than on the original firmware.
Sometimes, when the lighting changes, the image blinks green (walking next to the light bulb).
Am I doing something wrong?

I have a F1 with a wide angle lens version.

regards

setdbid

Hi Falsificator,

Thank you for your answer and commitment.
Sorry for not being precise, I'm an amateur at making movies.

I will try to clarify the statement.

Well, I'd like to use the F1 camera in 1080p because of the EIS mode.
Perhaps this is a bad decision, because this EIS on the factory firmware is very noisy in the night light or indoors.

I found your modified software and decided to try it also in 1080/720p mode and noticed
that the movies in these settiings seem to have less light than the factory firmware (and less light
than a higher resolution setting on mod firmware).

Is your software is mainly dedicated to filming in more than 1080p or I am setting the camera the wrong way?

Below are some screenshots to compare the original firmware and the firmware modified (mod_1.6) both in 1080p.
All settings are default except resolution (1080) and sometime EIS is ON or OFF.

I would like to add that (mod 1.6) under the following lighting conditions and resolution settings, the video sometimes has a temporary green, blue or purple noise color in the background
(I do not know how to professionally define it - such few-second shade changes, perhaps it is related to ISO or automatic WB) .

Thanks for the hint.
Regards!

Attachments

Last edited: