Firmware 1.4 vs. 1.3 - Soft and Strong sharpness, close to the normal option

Michal Pflanzer

Hi there to all,

I found new firmware update today, to 1.4. version. All new features and improvements looks very cool, I'd like to install it. But there is one point mentioned in the changelog, I'm bit afraid of. Once I shot in dark room, with halogen lights and even with as much noiseless settings I could get (fix lowest iso, gyro stab. off, different another settings) I always have lot noisy footage, specially in darkest areas. I know this problemematics, but in comparison to cheapest camera on the same place, or with other similar cameras, it was dramatic difference in dark noise areas. I found, that sharpness settings fix this, when I choose soft mode, the footage looks nice and noiseless. I'm afraid now, of what the title says, that it is closer the normal mode, that it will be also more noisy. I haven't found version 1.3_0130 which I have installed by default and also I don't know how could I backup it, for later recover and reinstall on camera.

Thank you all for any suggestions or discussion, and I'm sorry if I'm off topic or if this topic is discussed in another thread.

Hi,
I have the same problem
use soft for best image with firmware 1.4. but i have many hot pixels
Do you know the way to take them off I can not find the procedure or
the instructions

TechTronic9000

Hi,
I have the same problem
use soft for best image with firmware 1.4. but i have many hot pixels
Do you know the way to take them off I can not find the procedure or
the instructions
With firmware 1.4 you can fix hot pixels very easy, here's a guid of how to do it:

Michal Pflanzer

Hi all, thanks for the tips. I'm doing calibration right now, I haven't found this option before, cool. And just about the first question - is there big difference between soft mode in firmware 1.4. to 1.3.? Or both this problems are gonna be solved with calibration? I'm looking forward to see the results after calibration. Thanky you very much for your quick replies, really nice.