G3 GPS capture

Mark Jordan

Hi is there a firmware update? I have v1.0_0921
I can get onscreen GPS data speed and position but no GPS data file is written to the memory card.
I set the speed to mph that worked, I tried setting it back to kph and it keeps indicating mph?
I set no loop on the video and it keeps recording in 2 minute clips.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
The GPS file is build in the .mp4 file, you can use dashcam view to check the GPS and see it on google map.
Also you can use this tool to export the GPS data to GPX file.

Do you mean if you disable the loop recording, it will still record in 2 minutes clips, we will check this soon.

Mark Jordan

I have changed power setting to, on external power, charge and it is now recording a full video? Dash cam view shows GPS thank you. The gps is meant to update 10 times a second. Recorded data using export csv in dash cam view give output every second. Is it possible to access data every one tenth of a second?

Mark Jordan

one more question if I may. I am trying to write my own utility to extract the data from the mp4 files so I can do my own screen over lays. The GPS data is easy enough. I am curious as to the other data. There are 2 'free' boxes one contains the GPS data, what does the other contain and what is the format?

Seb_B

Hello,
Does it possible to get a return message when the picture is taken to register the message in an external gps as the micasense ?

Luch

Hello,

I would like to use another gps module on the git 3 duo.
Your module uses only 3 wires.
Do you know a compatible GPS module?
I would like to connect a gps Qstarz 10hz.
Do you have the pinout usb for the gps
Thank you.