Gitup Git2 battery never fully charged

Alvaro Partida

See Gitup post on this forum 31st Aug. There is an 'in camera' charging problem for some (all?) Git2 cameras. External charger works and you can get normal charging. Charger I bought included two new batteries for £8.98 on Amazon.
It would be good to hear from Gitup again for an update on this forum.
I already used an original external changer, but isnt charging at all.

Hours

Not sure I understand; is the battery in the camera when you try to charge it, or is it sitting in an external charger nowhere near the camera?

Alvaro Partida

Not sure I understand; is the battery in the camera when you try to charge it, or is it sitting in an external charger nowhere near the camera?
Camera works pretty good when its connected to an usb power source, but isnt charging batteries inside camera.
and besides, batteries stop charging in the external charger after first full charge inside camera.

Hours

Sounds like the same problem. No answer here beyond not trying to charge any battery in the camera. Problems reported here sound like a faulty charging circuit in the Git2.

Matt78

Same problem with 1.5. Bought an external charger for a few dollars.

Super Mario

This charging problem is well known for almost a year now. I dont think it can be fixed with a firmware update. Its a hardware problem. Hopefully in the git3 this problem is fixed

Sci

How common is this issue? Does every camera have this problem? Is it already present at purchase, or it develops later on?

If I'm right the charging circuit is in the batteries. How come an external charger works but not the camera? The external charger only has a buck converter and current limiter inside.

fyl

I think I have the same problem. Does Gitup have a solution for us?

DanielCs

I think I have the same problem with my Git2. It seems it is somewhat related to battery charge since it never finishes the charging process. Now it wants to turn on but it stays on only for seconds. The boot logo doesn't always apper but when it does, it flickers. Thew live view on the sceen also flickers and shows horizontal bars, then gives a message about card error (the card seems fine). I don't know if it is permanently damaged or it behaves like this because of the low voltage (measured 2.8V instead of 3.7V). It doesn't turn on from USB power only, but neither does it charge the battery, so I can't use it anymore.

Beyond the blue

How common is this issue? Does every camera have this problem?
I have three batteries and I've been doing some tests over the last few days. My findings are that the batteries charge slightly faster in the external charger but they charge to the same level 4.15V even if they are charged in the camera.

afx86

Hi guys, I really wish I saw this post before ordering mine, I guess it's too late now :( is there any confirmation if this is a cable/battery or a camera issue? I mean if it's a battery issue I'll put my hopes on getting a new battery released in a future batch that might have this issue fixed.

Alvaro Partida

Hi guys!
I will try to explain how I solved this issue. It was a coincidence.
I decided to disassemble the camera so I removed battery and memory card. Just before I start, noticed some rust on the sd card terminals.
Maybe due to condensation. Carefully cleaned inside camera's sd terminals with a tiny swab and soft picks * (It was very rusty). So Now my camera is 100% Working. No need to desassemble.
Hope It helps.

* Here's the softpicks I used to clean sd terminals inside camera

nicola79

Hello , I have the same problem mentionned in the beginning of tdiscussion,n ,when i put the cam in charge , it seems is charging but as soon i remove rthe usb cable , the cam gong to switch off cause of the battery empty. please if any update on this matter will be appreciate

jeyp

Same here in 2018.. Did you find the solution after almost 2 years?
Battery seems to be fully charged very quicly, but when i take off the usb cable it turns out quicly to low battery. Very annoying. The only solution for me, is to place and fully charge the battery in another camera that uses same battery, like sjcam.