Gitup Git2 battery never fully charged

Paulo Coelho

Hi friends

I have a problem charging my battery in camera Gitup Git2
The camera stay several hours to charging the battery, the bar keeps moving, but never complete the load, the light green never comes. Last test about 14 hours in charging.
Nothing fixs the problem.
I buy a new charger 5V/1A, new cable but the problem persist.
I this a problem in camera or battery?

Regards

Jakob Thrane

Thanks for reply, Gitup. Please excuse my late reply.
I don't understand what you mean: If camera is of when connected to charger, it shows the charge screen, but does not turn on. Charge screen turns off by itself after a few seconds. If the on/off button is pressed, the camera turns on, still charging. If turned off, charging continues. So I don't understand your question.
I think there is a problem in my cameras charge circuit, that makes the camera continue charging even when the battery is full. I think this damages the battery.
Bought a new battery, but that is damaged too, now. None of them holds charge for more than a few minutes.
Is there anyway I can get a new board with chargecircuit whitout buying a new camera? My camera is only 3 monts old.

Jakob Thrane

Found out sine more: Charged the batteries (I've got 2) with an external RC charger (LiIo program) and the batteries are OK.
When the externally charged battery is inserted into the camera, the camera shows all bars. So camera measurement is OK.
The problem is in the camera charger. It doesn't charge the battery more than a little (1 bar), although the flashing red leds stay flashing and the green led never turns on.
#Paulo, did you find a solution?
Did you, #Gitup?

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Currently we suggest you use the external charger to charge the battery.
We are checking this issue now, will update the status.
Thanks for your report.

Tungsten E2

How about the small capacitor battery for the RTC (date/time) when only charging the camera battery external?
How long will the capacitor hold the power for the RTC?

cuti87

I have the same problem.
It doesnt recharge with the normal electricity, i can recharge a little bit connecting the camera with usb cable to a computer. But it doesnt fully recharge neither with this system

Please let me know how to solve this problem

Joseph Cannon

Yep, Same problem here, Cannot get any more than 15 minutes from the battery life.
We really shouldn't have to spend more money for something that should work already.
Have had mine 4 months and have not been able to use it to is potential, which I think it has a lot of.
I have asked Gearbest to advise on my options, but now i know its an issue you are working on perhaps i will wait!!!

andreasph

My GIT2 has the same issue. Even though I've got 3 batteries, I can't use any of them. Very annoying. I will order an external charger now. What type is recommended? Is there an adaptor available for the IMAX B6?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulo Coelho

Good night

Sorry to the late feedback.
Now i have two battery and a external charger.
The camera don't charge them fully, and i need the external charger.
When i put the battery in camera i see all bars and green light indicate full charge.
Regards
Paulo Coelho

Motopilota

Hi all, new Git2 owner here. Is it OK to use an ANKER 5v-2.4a (max) charger to charge the battery while it is still in the camera? I have not used it yet (been using my Apple "wall wart" charger while waiting to find out. :)

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
We tested the camera with some different power bank which output 5v 2A, I thought it should be OK.
The one important thing is the voltage can not be over 5V.

Hours

Problem with in-camera charging persists.Any news from 'Gitup' since August. Does a firmware fix seem possible?

pkzipper

I think I'm going to try and charge my Git2 overnight and report back with the 2A charger just to rule out my unit.

pkzipper

Confirmed on the battery issue. I plugged my trusty Qualcomm 2.0A charger that's been charging multiple devices quickly without a problem directly connected to the camera and left it for over two hours. No indication of it being completely charged.

When I turned on the unit it shows a full bar and ran the camera but within 15 minutes I see one bar. Granted the LCD was on but it shouldn't drain a battery this quick :( I may have a soft focus issue with this as well even in a broad day light.

Alvaro Partida

Same issues here.
I have two (one and a half month old) batteries, none is charging. I been using only original charger an batteries. Now I cant use it for surf sessions. Camera is 1 & 1/2 month old too. Im really mad. Help Please!
Thanks in advance.

Hours

See Gitup post on this forum 31st Aug. There is an 'in camera' charging problem for some (all?) Git2 cameras. External charger works and you can get normal charging. Charger I bought included two new batteries for £8.98 on Amazon.
It would be good to hear from Gitup again for an update on this forum.