Hardwire kit for A119v2

fdnyfish

I see the hardwire kit only has a positive (always connected to power) and negative wire. How does the A119 know to switch to parking mode if the current is constant?

https://www.viofo.com/accessories/19-51-mini-0801a119a119sa119-proa118a118ca118c2b40wr1-car-camera-hardwire-kit.html#/28-hardwire_kit-normal

I do have the optional GPS connected, is the parking mode activated after no movement is detected for a certain amount of time?

I understand how the 3 wire hardwire kit would know to switch to parking mode if the yellow wire sees no more power, but curious on the 2 wire kit.

Thanks

benkar

I see the hardwire kit only has a positive (always connected to power) and negative wire. How does the A119 know to switch to parking mode if the current is constant?

https://www.viofo.com/accessories/19-51-mini-0801a119a119sa119-proa118a118ca118c2b40wr1-car-camera-hardwire-kit.html#/28-hardwire_kit-normal

I do have the optional GPS connected, is the parking mode activated after no movement is detected for a certain amount of time?

I understand how the 3 wire hardwire kit would know to switch to parking mode if the yellow wire sees no more power, but curious on the 2 wire kit.

Thanks
In the case of 2 wire HW kit, the parking mode is started after 5 minutes, in case of 3 wire HW kit immediately.

fdnyfish

Looking further at the manual for the A119v2, I don't see a parking mode, just a motion detection mode. And the motion detection mode needs to be manually activated, is that correct?

BENKAR: I guess your reply is only for the A129 with parking mode?

Capture Your Action

3-wire kit is designed for the A129. For the A119, the parking mode is entered after about 5 minutes of no motion.

Motion detection in the menu (for regular recording) is separate from the motion detection in the parking mode.

fdnyfish

So if I turn on Parking mode (1fps), this mode only activates after 5 minutes of no motion, and I will still record in my normal 1440P@30 when moving?

Capture Your Action

So if I turn on Parking mode (1fps), this mode only activates after 5 minutes of no motion, and I will still record in my normal 1440P@30 when moving?
When using a standard 2-wire kit wired to permanent power yes. Works this way if you use the 12V cigarette port and it’s live all the time as well.
Motion detection is not always the most reliable feature though, so how reliable it enters parking mode after five minutes can vary. Lots of things can and will trigger it.