Instant record not working [SOLVED]

instant_record

Anyone else have a problem getting instant record working? It should record when I turn it on, but it doesn't. It's 1.5 firmware. Thanks.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Do you mean start recording after powered on?
For this it require you enable the car DVR option in system setting and external charger connected.

instant_record

Oh right. That's annoying. It would be nice to have a feature where as soon as you pressed the on button, it started recording. Please can you implement this in the next build?

I find it really slow having to wait for the camera to turn on so that I can then press record (and it's hard to see when it has started recording, but it is easy to see when the camera screen has turned on...)
Thanks.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Oh right. That's annoying. It would be nice to have a feature where as soon as you pressed the on button, it started recording. Please can you implement this in the next build?

I find it really slow having to wait for the camera to turn on so that I can then press record (and it's hard to see when it has started recording, but it is easy to see when the camera screen has turned on...)
Thanks.
There is quick capture option in the system settings, please check if that is what you need.
After enabled this option, you can single click the shutter button to power on the camera and start recording.

instant_record

I had no idea! I thought you used the power button to do this. Thanks.

When I turn the camera on with the shutter button, it does not record video! All it does is take lots of photos, 1 second at a time. What is wrong?

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
I had no idea! I thought you used the power button to do this. Thanks.

When I turn the camera on with the shutter button, it does not record video! All it does is take lots of photos, 1 second at a time. What is wrong?
After enabled the quick capturing,
1. Single short press the shutter button will power on the camera and start recording.
2. Long press the shutter button will power on the camera and start taking photos.

Running Man

Thanks for the tip, didn't know long press started taking pictures (how many pictures does it take?)