Issue with A129 Pro and rebooting/not recording/loss of power

Capture Your Action

The A129 Pro is much different than the other models, so don’t expect the see the same results. The A129 Pro runs hotter and requires more power. My guess is either the hardwire kit is shutting down the camera due to the voltage cutoff point being reached or the internal thermal shut off point was reached due to the camera running while the car is stationary, baking in the sun. Viofo may release new firmware raising the shutdown temp, though that may end up causing other issues, never know.
So these locked files are in the normal driving folder correct? Not in the RO folder correct? Firmware probably has the auto event detection files going into the DCIM folder, but the g-sensor files will still go into the RO folder. These non g-sensor parking mode files will be locked so they are not overwritten along with the normal driving files. They will have their own looping sequence, so they will eventually get overwritten with newer parking mode files.

dawnchorus6010

The A129 Pro is much different than the other models, so don’t expect the see the same results. The A129 Pro runs hotter and requires more power. My guess is either the hardwire kit is shutting down the camera due to the voltage cutoff point being reached or the internal thermal shut off point was reached due to the camera running while the car is stationary, baking in the sun. Viofo may release new firmware raising the shutdown temp, though that may end up causing other issues, never know.
So these locked files are in the normal driving folder correct? Not in the RO folder correct? Firmware probably has the auto event detection files going into the DCIM folder, but the g-sensor files will still go into the RO folder. These non g-sensor parking mode files will be locked so they are not overwritten along with the normal driving files. They will have their own looping sequence, so they will eventually get overwritten with newer parking mode files.
Interesting theory.
The files are going into the DCIM folder, if I press the capture button to trigger an event lock the file still goes to DCIM, no RO folder is ever created.
Still waiting to hear back from support. The seller I contacted basically told me they contacted VIOFO and they said they hadn't heard of the issues I described - I believe they didn't actually contact at all, since I don't get immediate responses myself from support and their response was of a troubleshooting nature.

I definitely think it could be getting hot. I checked this morning (we had a particularly cold night last night) The cam stayed on over night, however the footage still did the weird lock thing and when I started the car, the camera turned off and rebooted twice before commencing normal recording.
I don't think the voltage cutoff is being met but I guess I could be wrong.

I am also getting my car serviced soon so I will have them check battery health - I'm pretty confident the battery will be fine as the car is only a year old but might as well have it checked since its included.

Appreciate everyones feedback, I will direct Dane/Bill to this thread so they can see the discussions we have had.
Hopefully more people begin using this subforum

dawnchorus6010

I have also just dropped the parking g-sensor to low to see if this has any effect on the locking of the looped footage.
Hopefully this stops that issue. I remember on my A119 we had to address an issue with a new firmware release based on an issue I found with my device where the G Sensor was basically constantly triggered even when driving on straight flat road on low setting. I think the sensitivity was set too high on stock fw with shipped A119.

That got resolved pretty quickly.