MOD1 custom firmware.

skaios

Ok I installed it. I will test it and soon enough I will give some feedback.
Nice job mate!

nutsey

Ok I installed it. I will test it and soon enough I will give some feedback.
Nice job mate!
Your feedback will be very appreciated. Please confirm there are no problems with overheating in high bitrate modes.

Prokop S

@nutsey I'm interested in trying it. But does the instalation of modded firmware void your warranty ? (I don't want to risk it, because yet I had some problems with local seller)

Do you plan to release any futher mods? I would like to have color temperature settings in Kelvins. And I don't like how camera deals with backlight (one channel is overexposed, while the others aren't - it creates really strange transition - for me this is the biggest headache of this cam). What are you able to do?

I tried to unpack git2 firmware with your tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tyaJWIqCb_SGk5Ym1lRkFraFU/view
but it doesn't work. I don't have any skills in cam hacking, but I'm rather curious, how does it work and how to get maximum from my git2. Sure I don't want to brick my camera or have any other problems by doing something dumb.

skaios

I tested for overheating while recording at 1080p60 high and medium nitrate. After 10' there is some increased heat near the battery but I suppose it is normal.

Prokop S

If I had enough spare money, I would have bought another Git and I would try FW modding, swapping lenses (maybe even varifocal zoom lens), that would be definitely fun, but it's not my priority. I know better ways of spending money. Have a good time while doing this. But who knows, maybe later I would try something.

skaios

My results after installing the mod3 FW are definitely good. No flaws or bugs up to now. The higher bitrate made no difference for me but the carDvr metering I reckon makes the difference. More feedback is coming...

Synergist

My results after installing the mod3 FW are definitely good. No flaws or bugs up to now. The higher bitrate made no difference for me but the carDvr metering I reckon makes the difference. More feedback is coming...
I use mine primarily as a dashcam so any CarDVR AE improvements are welcome. You had no issues flashing the FW just like you would the OEM FW? (not yet flashed my Git2 with any firmware, it came with 1.6 out of the box)