Piece of junk

N7Blade

I bought this camera in 2019 and was about to install before covid shut everything down. I eventually installed it a few months ago. Based on my online searches and reading many reviews, many people like myself and Mike have had multiple problems with this camera. Over the past couple months I've had someone hit my car while parked, a couple door dings, scratches, and today a woman merged into my lane forcing me off the road where I got curb rash on my rim and bumper. Checked camera when I got home.... Nothing. It wouldn't even let me connect to the wifi. Worse, the camera apparently never turned on. I just finished with a client and wanted to head home in time for the market to open. I just didn't have time to double and triple check a dash cam that should JUST WORK. I shouldn't have to reformat card, or go through the settings to turn this on, and turn this off, so that the camera functions properly. The camera should work properly regardless the settings. If a certain setting will cause the camera to improperly function, then it seems logical to me that the firmware should be fixed to remedy this problem, or at the very least, don't give access to that setting. I deeply regret spending money on this camera and the cost of install. Also, just because on person has eleventeen viofo cameras and his fleet of vehicles and all his cameras work perfectly, doesn't diminish the problems I and others have had with this camera. Look at the reviews on amazon, look at reddit posts, this camera has given many people issues and the company should have to pay a cost for this. When my car was hit while parked, I called the police and told them I had a dash cam. When I was unable to pull up the footage because the camera froze last night, this was infruriating. To have someone say: "well my camera works so stop complaining" is simply infuriating. To have someone run you off the road and then fail to pull up the footage is infuriating.

Es Ef Ed

get another camera and just pay a bit more money . This a129 requires too much ‘this and that , try a new Sd card , etc’ I’ve given up on the feature I specifically bought this camera for ( parking mode )it’s just too unreliable . My yi dash cam for $30 was cheaper and easier use and more reliable .

N7Blade

Boohoo

Buy a different camera, that’s what I did.
Typical arrogant and axiomatic response from a Miami troll.

get another camera and just pay a bit more money . This a129 requires too much ‘this and that , try a new Sd card , etc’ I’ve given up on the feature I specifically bought this camera for ( parking mode )it’s just too unreliable . My yi dash cam for $30 was cheaper and easier use and more reliable .
Looking into a replacement now. I live in Miami and most people here (as you can see from the other reply) are idiots behind the wheel and overall terrible people. I need a dashcam that has excellent parking mode (because in miami, your car will likely be dented and scratched anywhere you park). If anyone can recommend a good front/rear dash cam I would really appreciate it.

MiamiC70

Typical arrogant and axiomatic response from a Miami troll.

Looking into a replacement now. I live in Miami and most people here (as you can see from the other reply) are idiots behind the wheel and overall terrible people. I need a dashcam that has excellent parking mode (because in miami, your car will likely be dented and scratched anywhere you park). If anyone can recommend a good front/rear dash cam I would really appreciate it.
You sound like a transplant.
Then leave and take the camera with you.
we don’t actually want you down here anyway.

Mikescotland

VIOFO
Any news on any STABLE firmware? It's been too long.
I'm very pissed off yesterday saw an accident and locked the file.
Guess what?
The actual file is Missing. Got a truncated unusable piece of footage that ends just when I pressed lock button.
Any firmware that actually works? Can be without advanced parking (just low bitrate constant recording)?