Problem with parking mode A129

alexia green

Hello!

I recently purchased VIOFO A129 just the front camera (firmware 1.9) and am extremely pleased with the image quality (day and night). But I have a big issue with settings in parking mode that seems to not work and the user manual does not help me at all (it is extremely brief). I haven't found any demonstrations to help me on Youtube either. It would be very useful for VIOFO to provide us with such filmed usage modes (but more complete user manual as well) and not make them available to all kinds of amateurs ...

The problem is simple. If I set the camera in the parking mode connected to a powerbank, the camera basically still shoots in the loop. G-shock feature is working only
while filming! If I stop shooting and leave it on standby, nothing happens at all, not even the screen saver appears! I tried all kinds of settings, even motion detection that doesn't really work for exactly the same reasons, the camera stays on standby with the screen on but not activated in any movement! A friend bought a MINI 0826 camera and that camera works great in both parking mode and motion detection.

I need help! Thank you in advance

Capture Your Action

Hello!

I recently purchased VIOFO A129 just the front camera (firmware 1.9) and am extremely pleased with the image quality (day and night). But I have a big issue with settings in parking mode that seems to not work and the user manual does not help me at all (it is extremely brief). I haven't found any demonstrations to help me on Youtube either. It would be very useful for VIOFO to provide us with such filmed usage modes (but more complete user manual as well) and not make them available to all kinds of amateurs ...

The problem is simple. If I set the camera in the parking mode connected to a powerbank, the camera basically still shoots in the loop. G-shock feature is working only
while filming! If I stop shooting and leave it on standby, nothing happens at all, not even the screen saver appears! I tried all kinds of settings, even motion detection that doesn't really work for exactly the same reasons, the camera stays on standby with the screen on but not activated in any movement! A friend bought a MINI 0826 camera and that camera works great in both parking mode and motion detection.

I need help! Thank you in advance
What do you mean by “camera stays on standby”? Are you stopping the recording?

alexia green

What do you mean by “camera stays on standby”? Are you stopping the recording?
Yes! I see no other way to leave the camera in the parking mode and if I do not stop it still shooting. I understand parking mode as a feature that activates the camera when it senses movement or shock

Capture Your Action

You need to set your desired parking mode, then leave camera alone. If your using the supplied 12V car adapter, then the camera will automatically enter parking mode after about 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activity. If you use the VIOFO 3-wire hardwire kit, then it will enter parking mode automatically, as soon as the car is shut off.
if you manually stop recording, then you disrupt the set functions.

alexia green

You need to set your desired parking mode, then leave camera alone. If your using the supplied 12V car adapter, then the camera will automatically enter parking mode after about 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activity. If you use the VIOFO 3-wire hardwire kit, then it will enter parking mode automatically, as soon as the car is shut off.
if you manually stop recording, then you disrupt the set functions.
Thank you very much for your help! I will follow your advice. I use a power bank of 20000 mAh, I hope will work as well?!

I believe that VIOFO company with excellent products could provide us (less skilled) with more exhaustive user manual.

Capture Your Action

With a power bank, it should work just like using the 12V car adapter, so it will take about 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activity before entering parking mode. FYI, motion detection can be sensitive, preventing the camera from entering parking mode. If you park in an area with activity, then the camera may not enter parking mode very easily. Something as simply as a blinking light could possibly prevent it from entering parking mode. You can also, adjust the parking mode motion detection sensitivity in the settings.

sandugl

All registered files have PR or PF. It seems abnormal to me not to be a distinction through separate folders (filming in traffic vs parking mode) !!