Rear camera cable and general socket/cable issues

Bart57266

I may try this technique when I get my longer cable, as there should be enough length to allow a tidy fitting via the one of the cable boots into the tailgate wiring, assuming there's enough space in the boot..
Space in most boots is very tight. It may not be possible in some, so check it for extra space before going to the trouble of running your cable all the way up there.

After doing this in two cars, I wondered whether it would be easier to make a bracket of some kind that would attach to the headliner inside the hatch. The camera could mount to it, as long as the bracket would position the camera correctly. It would be nice to eliminate the hatch problem.

Karoq-Fan

We plan to offer both angled USB connector in the future.
When in near future? This year? Next month? Next week?
I installed the rear cam in our MX5 RF on the windshild and the connector looks not really nice.

Karoq-Fan

it would be nice, if the camera connection turns to left, otherwise I must disassemble the cable, change position of rear camera to right side and and and..., whats about small extension cable angled right or left?

Capture Your Action

it would be nice, if the camera connection turns to left, otherwise I must disassemble the cable, change position of rear camera to right side and and and..., whats about small extension cable angled right or left?
USB adapters and /or extensions cannot be used. These are proprietary 10 pin cables.

Karoq-Fan

This was written in this thread, I asked for this 10-pin extension cable (10-20cm) in two options, left or right angled, a request for Viofo.

faolteam

I installed the rear cam in our MX5 RF on the windshild and the connector looks not really nice.
Come on Viofo When i just need 12-20 inches i have a camera that i cant install till i get this lead as im mounting the rear inside my car ?

Karoq-Fan

My request is out of control , I need only an adaptation, for new camera sets Viofo could offer one complete cable, for user it could be nice getting this upgrade. Otherwise I will change the rear cable and position of rear camera during a free weekend.

Karoq-Fan

Hi, I send my request to Viofo support:
6m of 10 pin cable with angled ports on both sides, one in left and one in right direction. Come back with any feedback

Capture Your Action

That setup may work for you, but not for most others. Viofo can't make configurations that will work for everyone, it's just not practical. The best way may be to leave the current 6M and 8M cables as they are now and just create a few different short extension/adapters with a couple different angle configurations. Though these adapters/extension connections may cause easy points of failure.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
We have sent some out yet, please contact us to get one.