(URGENT) Git2 freeze after recording

Cinghiale

Website
lucagallucci.dlinkddns.com
I'm in vacation and my git2 (fw1.5) didn't waited a single day to show up a nice bug: after stopping a video recording (both via button/app/remote) the camera freeze and stop working.
The video is saved flawlessly but I have to turn off the camera to get it working again (it only respond to the power button, the other buttons dont work).
I did a factory reset but the bug still exist. Any hint to avoid myself throwing this nice camera in the garbage?

What a nice present for my vacation (i bought it exclusively for them) :(

Help me @gitup, you're my only hope.
Luca

Magn8

Flashed the firmware 1.5 again, and did a factory reset. The bug still happens.
Anyone can help me? PLEASE!
Luca
I've just come back from 4 days skiing recording each day with the same issue. I am now unable to view any of the files they are all 'corrupt'. Not happy !!!!:mad:

Cinghiale

Website
Hi @Magn8 , sorry to hear that! At least in my case the videos are saved without any problems, it just stuck after stopping the recording! :(

What fw are you using? Mine is fw V1.5B_0527 (i didnt experienced this bug in the previous fws 1.2-1.4).

Luca

Magn8

Hi @Magn8 , sorry to hear that! At least in my case the videos are saved without any problems, it just stuck after stopping the recording! :(

What fw are you using? Mine is fw V1.5B_0527 (i didnt experienced this bug in the previous fws 1.2-1.4).

Luca
Mine also registered as being saved ... I have about 20 files over 20gb of data. Problem is that when I try to open on PC they are 'corrupt'.
I now believe the issue is that when the camera is freezing it is not completing the file save correctly hence the pending error

Cinghiale

Website
Playing with the camera I solved the issue, I had in the DCIM folder 2 backup folder, one with a long name with brackets and symbols, another one with a lot of files (30GB).

According to my solution, try to empty the DCIM folder, moving them to the root or off the card. Good luck and please let me know,
Luca

Running Man

My problem is similar to this but my camera freezes when I play back my videos on the Git2, I have to take out the battery and try again, and then try again until the video actually plays all the way through.

I only received this new Git2 Pro today and I installed to fw 1.5, all my vids are only small tests about 20 secs long.

Not too impressed with this camera at the moment.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
My problem is similar to this but my camera freezes when I play back my videos on the Git2, I have to take out the battery and try again, and then try again until the video actually plays all the way through.

I only received this new Git2 Pro today and I installed to fw 1.5, all my vids are only small tests about 20 secs long.

Not too impressed with this camera at the moment.
While there are some unknown files on the SD card, it will cause camera froze while playback, try to format the card before recording.

Running Man

Update: I am still using my Git2 Pro with 2 x new Kingston micro SD cards, (32GB & 64GB) both purchased from the same dealer at Amazon.

I have used the 64GB and never had any issues. But when I use the 32GB card it produces all sorts of errors:
Recording File errors
Screen freezes

I seem to be constantly reformatting this 32GB card and taking out the battery and replacing it trying to get it to work smoothly within the camera.

Any ideas why one card should cause all these problems and the other card doesn't?

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
It is hard to tell the card issue, normally we recommend the Transcend or Sansung card.
If you use windows system, suggest you format the card for FAT32 format by use the GUIFORAMT.EXE
We have lots of defective card in stock, some of them are Kingston version.

pocketchange

After downloading the Git2 SDHC card to your computer, reformat the memory card (every time the card has been emptied.) pc

In case there is a format(ing) problem, reformat the card using another camera that you know has NO issues..

If you have a DLSR;
I know it's a PITA but this issue has gone away..
High speed cards reformat in the blink of an eye anyway and it is suggested
that re-formatting establishes CLEANed (uncorrupted) partitions for the
camera to use. I'm curious if the formatting program in the Get2 is having trouble with higher capacity cards??

My Nikon DLSR has issues IF the high capacity and speed (256GB) card is not reformatted EVERY time I empty the card..

Ps. let us know how this works for U'.

pc

Marek

I have this problem also. SD card i'm using is A-DATA 64GB class 10 UHI1. My GIT2 is mounted in my car as a dashcam. I don't know why but it can hang without any reason.
I've tested it with Kingston 8GB class 4 SD Card and everything seems to be ok. I don't want to buy another SD Card.