Viofo A119S V2 + GPS logger - connection problems.

fitz43

Are any of the GPS prongs bent? Are they all the same height?

Inspect the GPS contact area on the back of the camera. The area that the GPS prongs contact on the back of the camera should be about flush with the back of the camera. Is it depressed at all? Is it loose?
The back of the camera looks fine. The GPS block pins might not have all been the same height. I've adjusted them and we'll see what happens.

Can one buy a new GPS mount?

Capture Your Action

The back of the camera looks fine. The GPS block pins might not have all been the same height. I've adjusted them and we'll see what happens.

Can one buy a new GPS mount?
Yes, the V2 GPS mounts are readily available. Have you tried powering the camera directly to see if the issue goes away? If it doesn't then it's not the GPS mount, but maybe your power source or cable. GPS will still work when powering the camera directly.

fitz43

The screen flickers when it is acting up. If I put pressure on the camera's top left it stops flickering.

Capture Your Action

The screen flickers when it is acting up. If I put pressure on the camera's top left it stops flickering.
Can you post a couple of pictures of the back of your camera? Maybe a couple different angles of the GPS contact area.

Ratlik

Ahoj všem,

Mám stejný problém s mým Viofo A119S. Je to v pořádku? Čtvrtý pin je nižší než ostatní. Obrázek níže.

kantera

Looks like the plastic transparent holder is not able to endure 50C in the sun inside the car, without changing shape.
Simple Solution:
you need to flip the transparent holder and connect it with the opposite side.
now the springs of the GPS will connect tightly to the battery :)

note:
Dont worry, even though its not designed to close with the opposite side it fits quite well.