Viofo A129 Duo Turning Off in parking mod randomly

stadiuz97

I tried everything my friend and always is the same tonight i leave cam recorded in driving mode with motion detection powered by cigarethe socket.and cam not turn off batter, okk no problem..

stadiuz97

How to use parking mode when i connect camera with cigharete lighter socket. Is it posible to use parking mode when the camera connected to constant power from cigharete socket.

benkar

How to use parking mode when i connect camera with cigharete lighter socket. Is it posible to use parking mode when the camera connected to constant power from cigharete socket.
Possible. Set the parking mode as you would when using the HW kit. The camera will switch to the parking mode after approx. 5 minutes.

stadiuz97

Okk thanks but when start car again is the camera back to driving mode or stay in parking mode

Capture Your Action

Okk thanks but when start car again is the camera back to driving mode or stay in parking mode
Once you start driving, it should come out of parking mode.

Keeping the camera powered at all times, without a system to shut down power if your battery voltage gets too low, will eventually result in a dead battery.

stadiuz97

Quick update..
I think i solved the problem. The problem is in the ground wire from some reason end of the wire lossing signal i dont know why but i cut end of the wire and then connect on mettal frame under the fuse box and now is working perfectly. When i turn off the car it is 12.4 V and after 12 hours on parking mode in low bitrate when i messure voltage is 12.2.

stadiuz97

Hi all. For some reason problem is back. Everything worked perfectly for 3 days and now is turning off like before. Somethimes worked 1 hour somethimes 8 hour. Car battery voltage is good not dropping down. Camera is not turning off because of voltage droping i know that because last record clip long exampe 4:52 2:27 17 seconds that means is turning off randomly.

NewbieOC

A number of You Tube installers for the Duo say that the power cord must be plugged into the side USB port and NOT the power port if hard wired and using Parking mode. It's tight if the rear cam is also plugged in but it works.