Viofo A139 - parking mode off after 1 hour

Maurice

Hi all,

Last week I was very happy my garage installed my new 2CH A139 (in my Mercedes A class W176). While driving it works fine, and after turning off my engine it switches to parking mode. Unfortunately after 1 hour it will turn off. What I already did:
  • I did a long drive to make sure my car battery is fully loaded
  • All cam settings are set to a parking mode and leaving it on till battery is 12v
You can see the setup for my fuse box on the attached photo.

Is it possible that the red wire is in the wrong fuse. Is it possible anything else is not okay?

I am looking really forward about your thoughts :)

Attachments

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
First please go to the settings to check if the Parking Recording Timer is set to 1 hour.

We recommend you use a multimeter to check the voltage of the fuse connected to the battery wire. I'm also attaching an instruction indicating how to install the hardwire kit. There is a step mentioned on how to choose the right fuse to hardwire.

Attachments

Maurice

Thank you for the quick reaction!
  • Yes the parking recording timer is set to unlimited. I also tried to set it to 24 hour for testing but no difference
  • Indeed I think that I need to test which one will give contact fuse
Maybe I had some luck and found users with the same car or a CLA.

My settings btw are (I tried a 90s delay but does not help): see attachment

Last edited:

Maurice

Update: the voltmeter gives a light in the fuse of the red cable after one hour. I am not sure if it's back on when i open the car lock or the door, bit it gives a voltage. Is it possible that the car completely shuts off the fuse box or just this fuse after one hour?

vega509

you could try to run the red wire to the battery temporarily and see if the cam runs longer than 1 hour. if it does, then it is connected to a switched power area in the fuse panel and will have to be relocated to an always live circuit like seats, lights etc. an add-a-fuse would make it easier.

Maurice

you could try to run the red wire to the battery temporarily and see if the cam runs longer than 1 hour. if it does, then it is connected to a switched power area in the fuse panel and will have to be relocated to an always live circuit like seats, lights etc. an add-a-fuse would make it easier.
Thanks you! I now figured out which fuse to use. Looks like the one earlier was not the one. Now I am using one in the white section. Thanks all.

Attachments