Viofo HK3 Kit Works Nicely

Systeman

I ordered and installed the HK3 Kit but I noticed on the Viofo website that this kit cannot be connected to the GPS mount. This means it can only be used for connection to the non-GPS mount which is a direct power to camera connection. Parking mode will not work with this kit.

The information can be found here, under the heading "Hardwire Cable":
HK3 Hardwire Cable

I have emailed Viofo about this and am waiting for a reply.

What it means of course, unless Viofo have got the description wrong, is that you should only purchase the HK3 Hardwire Kit if you do not have a GPS mount.
Surely they must have it wrong?

I've edited this post because I misunderstood part of the instructions.

Last edited:

VIOFO-Swin

You can power the cam through the GPS mount or non-GPS mount in normal recording via HK3 hardwire cable.
But if you want to use parking mode, you must power it directly from the camera side, both GPS mount or non-GPS mount is not available for the parking mode.

bloo890

I think you have to plug in the hardwire power plug directly into the cam on the right side. It will still power the gps for parking mode use, but they recommended the direct power connection into the cam for using the hardwire kit. Parking mode will still work with the 3 wire kit, but it must be directly plugged into the cam not the gps mount.

Systeman

You can power the cam through the GPS mount or non-GPS mount in normal recording via HK3 hardwire cable.
But if you want to use parking mode, you must power it directly from the camera side, both GPS mount or non-GPS mount is not available for the parking mode.
I've updated the original post because I misunderstood about the power connection.

Systeman

I think you have to plug in the hardwire power plug directly into the cam on the right side. It will still power the gps for parking mode use, but they recommended the direct power connection into the cam for using the hardwire kit. Parking mode will still work with the 3 wire kit, but it must be directly plugged into the cam not the gps mount.
I've updated the original post because I misunderstood about the power connection.