Yellow warning

sonarsonic

Hello Everyone

I'm new to action cams and cams in general. I've recently received my GIT2, but I have a concern.
When the cam is on and gets shaken it automatically starts recording and a yellow warning appears. Do you know why and how to turn this off? Firmware: 1.4, autostart off, quick capture off. Additionally, when connecting the cam to the PC (in mass storage mode or in any other mode) the cam or the SD card is not visible either in Computer or devices. I have to use my sd card reader every time.

Thanks for your help.
Szymon

denisov70

Which operating system do you use on your PC? Most likely there are not appropriate drivers in system. On Win 8.1 all works fine.
Try to wait a little bit after camera connection. It may take some time to install drivers automatically. If no result, try to change USB port which camera connected to.
Concerning the former question: check if G-sensor is off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistair Parsons

The yellow exlamation means g sensor detected shaking and locked the video,

try a different usb cable, if you have usb mode set to prompt, when you plug in does the prompt pop up asking camera or mass storage?

sonarsonic

Thank you for your answers, will try on win 10 later on. However, on win 8.1 or 7 I don't get any pop-up. When it comes to the question about warning - G-sensor is ON. It appears when I'm not recording. When I shake the camera it starts recording and the sign appears.
@Alister - Locking the video means that it can't be removed from an sd card, doesn't it?

Alistair Parsons

if no popup, then pc isnt recognising camera, try different cable

other uses on rc forum had same issue

you have the gsensor recording enabled, there is also anotehr gsensor setting which locks video, its not that one.

sonarsonic

I've just turned GYRO off and still the same issue - shaking starts recording...

Nightowl

I have the same issue with the yellow warning. I have gyro set to on, and gsensor set to OFF, but if I'm recording and only moving a little bit the yellow warning comes on and won't go off until there is NO movement at all. I'm using this for aerial video on a drone, and this is not going to work. What can I do? FW 1.3. Samsung Pro 32gb class10.

Or is this normal when the gyro is set to on?

Alistair Parsons

gyro warning is an orange hand at bottom right
yellow exclmation is definitely g sensor

when it locls the file, it makes it read only yes

Nightowl

My bad, the hand is orange not yellow. My eyes are getting old!
So is it normal for this warning sign to show on any movement? Is it just letting me know its working, or is something wrong with the git2.
I really don't want to update fw until I figure this all out.

Alistair Parsons

that shows when the gyro kicks in to show it is compensating for movement

sometimes usefull, sometimes not, vital i think for dashcam mode.

you can set the menu menu to be gyro on/off, but i think you might have to start and stop recording as well

with gyro on you do lose a bit of the outside as it crops, but usually that is the most fisheeyed of the image

Nightowl

So its normal for the orange hand to be there while recording. Thank you! I thought the camera was faulty. I ran around the yard like a madman yesterday to see if it did record and not get locked, and all was good.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
1. G-sensor is for locking file, the icon is on the up, the file can not be overwritten while loop recording.
2. Gyro icon is at bottom, like a hand icon, while moving it will becoming orange to show the Gyro working.