Git2 Firmware

Star Hunter

1. Is it possible to program chromatic aberration correction in future firmware? Or it fix by lens replacement only?
2. Please, add default mode of camera after power on - video\photo. For example, I often use the camera in camera mode and I do not need a video when turned on.
3. I would like to have an HDR function in the photo mode.
4. Please extend the sensitivity to 3200. I'm ready to put up with the noise.
5. Too agressive noise reduction. Maybe some settings?
The rest of the camera is almost completely satisfied. The date is reset when the battery is removed.

Keneth Correa

GIT2 Sony IMX206 Sensor version Firmware:
Latest and stable firmware, version number is V1.7.1.

GIt2 V1.7.1 Firmware (Or download the .bin firmware from the attachment directly.)

(above link is the original link on GitUp.com which is dead. Hence I have attached the file in this post. Find zip attachment below)

(Please read the upgrade instructions first before you upgrade.)

Change Log:

• 1. Added: Zoom for video, removed FOV option for video
  • 2. Added: External Power option in system settings, removed car DVR option
  • 3. Added: Support quick capture option in configuration file
  • 4. Added: Continues shot for photo: hold the shutter button to take continuous photo.
  • 5. Added: Support using side button for ZOOM while recording
  • 6. Fixed: Video snapshot issue in 2160P mode
  • 7. Improved: Audio sample rate upgraded to 48kHz
  • 8. Improved: Wi-Fi transfer speed.
  • 9. Improved: Support capture max 30000 photos.
Upgrade Instructions for V1.7:
  • If you camera firmware version is V1.2 or earlier, please upgrade the loader GIT2LD.bin first.
  • If you have already installed the V1.3 firmware, no necessary to upgrade the loader, please ignore the #3--#6 steps.
  • From V1.4 firmware, the firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.

......unfortunately I don't have the loader file :-(
  1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy just the GIT2LD.bin on the root of the card
  4. After GIT2LD.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu
  6. Delete GIT2LD.bin from the card using your PC and
  7. Copy the GIT2FW.bin file on the root of the card
  8. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front green LED and back red LED will be blinking while upgrading. Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new GitUp implementations

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier

Hi all,

As you know There is a New firmware for gitup2P 170.
GIT2PS_V1.1_913. I was excited to use this New One as this fix the frame drop in 1080 60P. So dissapointed!!! It doesnt fix the problem. I encourage the team to fix it as soon as posible.
Thanks.

Theodoros rimpidis

Hello . I have the git 2 p pro panasonic 170 and i have the old version filmware1.0. I want to update the new version 1.1.3 i have to update the 1.0.1 version and then update 1.1.3 or i can do without updateing 1.0.1?

TMVideo

Hello . I have the git 2 p pro panasonic 170 and i have the old version filmware1.0. I want to update the new version 1.1.3 i have to update the 1.0.1 version and then update 1.1.3 or i can do without updateing 1.0.1?
Yes, GIT2P firmware can be updated to the new version from any other previous version.

BumPSS

Getting the git2p 90 soon, can't wait!
Couple of questions;

Is the 1080/60fps frame drop issue actually fixed?

Does this affect 720/60fps? (Fixed or not?)

Prokop S

Please add multiple presets for Git 2. Let's say you would toggle two video modes, two photo modes, playback and settings via Power/Mode button. The two video and photo modes respectively would have same setting layout as it is now, but you would be able to create two different presets.

AMIGAnTOMEK

Hello.
I want to upgrade firmware in my Gitup Git2. I have a 1.5 FW. When i try upgrade to 1.6.1, 1.7.1, 1.7.2 or 1.7.4 i cant record any movie. All time i try i get only small file like this https://goo.gl/sDvP5W. When i downgrade to 1.5 all is working OK. I try two different sdcards. Can you help me?

Theodoros rimpidis

Getting the git2p 90 soon, can't wait!
Couple of questions;

Is the 1080/60fps frame drop issue actually fixed?

Does this affect 720/60fps? (Fixed or not?)
i dont usa hidefinion. i use fh in 60 fps day and 30 in low lihgt.i thing is the best settings in this camara all defalt exept guro only in good lihgt. in low lihgt i use 1080 x 30 fps and turn off the gyro .is much better.

hienle

I can't find FOV option after updating to the lastest version from 1.7 :(