Recent content by NewbieOC

1. N

New Firmware Install No Go

Got it... Thank you again. I REALLY appreciate it! :)
  2. N

OMG! I Love you! Thank you! That worked! I had to delete the copies from the Downloads first. I just assumed it was a copy and would still send the actual file. Question (if you know)... I have front and rear cams. Hardwired. For Live Video Source I have it set to Rear Overlaid. But I cant find...
  3. N

I did that..... I even scanned the card for errors and its fine. Wiped it clean and started over and it only installs V1.9 Build 20190711. When I download the updated firmware I copy it to that Drive ( Mine is I) where my cam card is. I see the DCIM Folder there. I just paste it Under DCIM (see...
  4. N

So I plugged in my cam to my PC to pull some footage and figured I would update the firmware. Followed the usual steps but It wont install. I copy the new version to the formated card unplugged and plug back in and nothing happens. Lights dont flash as installing and file doesn't disappear as...
  5. N

Power Port

Thanks for the reply.... I bought the tap kit and wire kit from Viofo and gave them both to the installer. But when I picked the car up, he gave me the tap kit back and said he didnt need it. Another community member said some installers by pass the tap. I have not pulled the panel up to verify...
  6. N

Can't get parking mode to work

Awesome...... Thank you soooo much for your help.... I cant even tell you....It is so hard to get a straight answer and they dont have the most accessible customer service. Yes, I do have the latest firmware and Im going to check the actual connections... from ground, accessory and battery...
  7. N

No. Im in Southern CA and my car is garaged. A few months ago I noticed my car having a hard time starting and my cam would do a full reboot start up at random times so I figured by battery was going..... it was probably time so I replaced it last month. Ok. fine.... went out the other day and...
  8. N

Im not sure on the voltage cut off.. I didnt wire it myself.... Do you mean the voltage setting? I think he set it at 12V. The car seems to just stay in parking mode regardless of the setting. Even if the setting is off. But there have been times I have come out and the light was flashing and...
  9. N

I bought mine in 2019... would it make a difference in battery drain? Recently I believe it drained my battery. Battery is new. Now Im questioning the install (by Best Buy) because they did not use the tap kit I gave them, just the wiring kit. Is the tap required for optimum power usage? I have...
  10. N

Viofo A129 Duo Turning Off in parking mod randomly

A number of You Tube installers for the Duo say that the power cord must be plugged into the side USB port and NOT the power port if hard wired and using Parking mode. It's tight if the rear cam is also plugged in but it works.
  11. N

A few YouTube videos on installation say that on the Duo, in order for Parkign Mode to work properly, the power cord needs to be plugged into the side USB port and NOT the top power port. It is tight with the rear camer cord being there as well but a few installers mentioned this when...
  12. N

Power Port

I have been watching the install videos on YouTube..... some installers (when hard wiring) say to NOT plug the power cord into the power port at the top of the unit but to use the USB port on the SIDE of the camera. They said it must be plugged in that way for Parking Mode to work. Is that...
  13. N

Dead Battery.... Wired wrong?

Ive had the A129Duo for a while and ran the wiring externally. In Sept. 2019 I took it to Best Buy to have them install under headliner,etc and wire correctly. I bought Viofos hard wire and tap kits and gave them both but they did not use the tap kit. When I got home, I could not get parking...
  14. N

New Firmware Won't Install

Got it.... I have the A129 Duo....... Obviously that is why it wont intall...Duh..... thank you! I'll leave the 1.9 alone
  15. N

New Firmware Won't Install

Have had cams a while.....Card is in my cam, plugged into my PC and I copied the new version 1.1 (12/2/19) from the download and pasted under DCIM (not IN it). Then unplugged unit, plugged back in (like instructed) and plugged back into car. Version on menu still says 1.9 even after formatted...