Search results

1. T

A129 Duo Installation and first impressions

I had been thinking about getting a dash-cam for some time and had investigated the market and quickly came across Viofo as one of the recommended leading brands on sites like 'Dashcamtalk' and 'CarCamCentral' and others. One of the design aspects with the Viofo A129 (and A119) I liked was the...
  2. T

App Will not work

Hi @faolteam It should work without the rear camera. Are you able to see (and set) the camera's settings on the app?
  3. T

usb cable small

@faolteam - yes. I understand that the cable is a special 10 core one fitted with hard to get connectors. It would risk damage to your camera if you tried a non Viofo cable - even if it looked similar and the plugs fitted.
  4. T

usb cable small

@faolteam - The cable I saw on a review of the new camera over on dashcamtalk (see the link below ) was stated as being about 20 inches. But as mentioned the best bet is to contact Viofo directly as they will also know if the two camera cables are plug compatible. And as mentioned above Viofo...
  5. T

usb cable small

Hi @faolteam You don't say how long you want the cable to be, but Viofo do a very short mini usb cable for the rear camera of their newly introduced A129 IR which iis specifically designed for use inside the car and has infrared LEDs on. You could try sending them a support ticket or emailing...
  6. T

Any update on when the new HK3 hardwire kit is due??

Hi @nav2004 The idea is that some people who use parking mode would like a quick way of disabling / enabling it depending where the car is parked. For example when the car is parked somewhere safe like at home in the garage it does not need to be on. So they have tried to implement a physical...
  7. T

Hi Alshamal, A few people on the Dashcamtalk forum have reported a high-pitched noise when using the hard wire kit. This noise is either on the recording or can be heard physically. I have put a link to the forum thread below. In response to a ticket raised with Viofo by forum member...
  8. T

Screen operation during event activated parking mode

Hi benkar, thanks for the answer that's great news.
  9. T

Hi, I am holding back on getting a A129 Duo + 3 wire hard wire kit as I understand that a newer version of the 3 wire hardware kit is due for release. I would be very happy to do an early detailed test and review of the operation of new HK3 hardwire kit when it is ready. Regards Terry
  10. T

Screen operation during event activated parking mode

Hi, I asked this question on Dashcamtalk a few week ago but so far nobody has answered ;-( I was wondering if during event activated parking mode (buffered or not) the screen stays off if it detects and records an event? Clearly it would be better if it did not come on and draw attention to...