Does the gyro stabilizaton work for all lens types of git2?

babipsylon

hi

On some forums, users claim the gyro stabilization doesn't work for all four lens types of the git2

U can see that the git2 comes with four lens options: http://www.gitup.com/16-lens,

Does someone now for which lenses the gyro stabilization works, and for which lenses it doesn't work (and why?)? I guess it works for the stadard lens, nr. 1 for sure... .

1. Original 16M 170° FOV replacement lens for Git2

2. F2.8 3.87mm 16M 90° FOV replacement lens for Git2

3. F2.8 4.1mm FOV 90° No Fish Eye replacement lens for Git2

4. F2.8 4.35mm 16M FOV 90° 13G replacement lens for Git2

I need gyro because:
Which one would you recommend for fpv with a quadcopter?

p.s. I build a 450 mm drone around the kk 2.1.5. flight controller. And I have the 215 mm legs from quadframe.com.

cheers

babi

babipsylon

Not even a little bit? I guess at least you can turn it on for lens nr. 4?

r

babipsylon

Ok, nice, but I bought the F2.8 4.35mm 16M FOV 90° 13G lens. So I would like to know if the gyro at least works a little bit for that lens. Otherwise it would be strange you even sell that lens..., 'cuz it is not mentioned on your website the gyro doesn't work for that lens. On youtube, with another non-standard lens ( F2.8 3.87mm), the' gyro on' function seems to smooth the image quite a bit ... . For example, in this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
The Gyro will be tuned for 90 degree lens, currently we are working for 4.1mm 90 degree lens.

rrams

I want the 4.1mm lens for my Git2 as soon as gyro stabilization functions for it. Even if the gyro only improves vertical movement, that would be helpful.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
I want the 4.1mm lens for my Git2 as soon as gyro stabilization functions for it. Even if the gyro only improves vertical movement, that would be helpful.
The coming Git2 with Panasonic sensor and 4.1mm lens version, the gyro will work.