Git2 Not Charging or Powering on

Choux

So I've got a Git2 which had been sitting idle for a few months.

I was working on editing some previous footage shot with the Git2, and I went to plug my Git2 to the PC. It started as I expected, showing the orange boot screen, and then asking how I wanted to use the camera (to transfer files, or as webcam). I selected transfer files, and it started to charge.

I came back to it later, however, and none of the lights were on to indicate charging. I unplugged the camera and tried to power it on, and it booted briefly, showing full battery then blinking a battery icon with a cross through it. I've tried to charge it from a number of different wall sockets (usb cable phone chargers), and on my PC and my Laptop, but I've not managed to get the camera to respond.

The only sign of life I've had is when plugging the camera into my PC when I'm greeted with a windows error code 43. The laptop doesn't recognise it all.

My last use a while back saw no damage to the camera, so the only thing I can think of is that there's a battery issue (not a problem - they're cheap and I intended to buy a few more soon anyway for longer trips without power), but if it won't even boot when plugged into a USB port or wall socket I have a suspicion that it might be beyond help at this point?

Any insight at all would be super helpful!

Choux

Well now I feel like an idiot. I swapped the cables over and it's currently charging from the laptop.

It only seems to work with the USB3 port, however. For some reason the cable that's working with the laptop didn't do anything with the desktop either.

It's probably not relevant, but the working cable doesn't seem to 'click' into the camera as nicely as the one that doesn't work. I wonder if that might be part of the reason?