Need help with file size

arkogoossens

Hello,

I just bought a git 2 camera and i recorded 2 minutes and my file is 1gb. i thinks thats a lot because i will maybe ride with my motorcycle for 60 minutes and hàw big will my file then be.
(my resolution is 1080p 60)

Has anyone a solution for this?

King regards
Arko

Wololo

Hi,

I also just recently bought Git 2 and my average at 1080p 60 fps is approximately 4 minutes per 1GB and 4.3 minutes per 1GB at 2160p. File size probably depends on different settings, firmware version and movement speed. I mostly shoot videos running, walking or cycling so this could make a difference.

Is your Git 2 updated to the latest firwmare and what are your recording settings?

Regards,
Matej

arkogoossens

Hi,

I also just recently bought Git 2 and my average at 1080p 60 fps is approximately 4 minutes per 1GB and 4.3 minutes per 1GB at 2160p. File size probably depends on different settings, firmware version and movement speed. I mostly shoot videos running, walking or cycling so this could make a difference.

Is your Git 2 updated to the latest firwmare and what are your recording settings?

Regards,
Matej
Hi,
First thanks for your help.
I'm recoding in 1080p 60fps
audio level: medium
contrast normal
gyro: on
WDR: on
Sharpness: Normal
Video bitrate: Medium

Regards,
Arko

Wololo

Hi,
First thanks for your help.
I'm recoding in 1080p 60fps
audio level: medium
contrast normal
gyro: on
WDR: on
Sharpness: Normal
Video bitrate: Medium

Regards,
Arko
Hm... Apart from video bitrate, I use the exact same settings so I really can't tell why your recordings take more space.

But on the bright side, say you have at least 32GB card. That's still plenty enough space for your planned 60-minute ride. Maybe a firmware update would do the trick in case you don't have the latest one already.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Matej

bvader

Running latest FW :

My math with the default settings of for 1080p @ 60 fps at Medium Bit Rate is .25 - .3GB / min so 1 hour should be 15-20GB. I have same setting but WDR off. These are of Mountain Biking, lots of movement. So I am in the same ballpark as Wololo

Last edited by a moderator:

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Running latest FW :

My math with the default settings of for 1080p @ 60 fps at Medium Bit Rate is .25 - .3GB / min so 1 hour should be 15-20GB. I have same setting but WDR off. These are of Mountain Biking, lots of movement. So I am in the same ballpark as Wololo
Try to use low bitrate option to save space, also the camera support 128GB cards.