True HDR will be supported on V3.

You are right. Novatek replied they can not solve this issue while there is car coming from the opposite.
So we are going to release the V2.0 now.
Three weeks have now passed since you said that you will release a new version "Now".
Since then we haven't heard anything really, where is the update?

At least give us some insight with the progress of the coming update. When can we expect a new official release?
Or will there even be an update? I'm starting to doubt it.

Hey, any news? :)
We are going to release firmware for A119 V2, A129 Duo, and A129 Pro.
For A129 Duo, what kind of features you concerned?
This suggest that a new firmware isn't on the horizon at all at the moment since they don't even mention the V3 in this post.
They have also stopped replying to us in this thread which isn't promising at all.

You are right. Novatek replied they can not solve this issue while there is car coming from the opposite.
So we are going to release the V2.0 now.
We are coming up to 5 weeks since this post now and it was supposed to be released "now" at that point, still not a word in this thread or any indication on that an update is on the way anymore.
Instead we can read similar promises about other cameras getting their firmware updates, and the V3 isn't mentioned at all.
I guess we shouldn't expect any news about the update or an update at all at this point... :(
Not sure if other camera model holders should have high hopes about getting these updates either.

Seems like they have published 2.0 - Link

A119 V3 V2.0 Firmware Change log:
  1. Added 2560 x 1440P 60fps video resolution
  2. Added HDR support.
  3. Added Image Mirror option
  4. Added Parking Recording Timer option
  5. Added Enter Parking Mode Timer option
  6. Added auto fix the corrupted file after restart
  7. Fixed .TS format video in-camera playback issue
  8. Fixed time-lapse 60fps, 120fps playback issue.
  9. Fixed EV setting not saved issue after the restart
  10. Menu language translation update

Bohannan1865

Hello,
I have installed the firmware 2.0 and have to say that there is a very strong noise in the evening and at night. Otherwise during the day the pictures are very sharp. The previous firmware had better quality WDR at night.

Capture Your Action

and I thought that under the settings is still WDR and no HDR.
A119 V3 V2.0 Firmware Change log:

1. Added 2560 x 1440P 60fps video resolution
  2. Added HDR support.
  3. Added Image Mirror option
  4. Added Parking Recording Timer option
  5. Added Enter Parking Mode Timer option
  6. Added auto fix the corrupted file after restart
  7. Fixed .TS format video in-camera playback issue
  8. Fixed time-lapse 60fps, 120fps playback issue.
  9. Fixed EV setting not saved issue after the restart
  10. Menu language translation update
I hope it's there.

Bohannan1865

Sorry is HDR. I looked wrong. Nevertheless, the quality is poor at night. What attitudes do you have with your Dasham?

Stras

This new firmware 2.0 with HDR mode enabled during the day and at night, and at 60 frames/sec, and 30 frames/sec, records the numbers of oncoming cars worse than the first firmware 1.03!
Questions to VIOFO:
Who pays money to whom for such an update?
Or is it done free of charge to proclaim the very fact of the update?

No point of upgrading to 2.0 in my honest opinion.

They said over one month ago that they were gonna release this version. It didn't really need a lot of work from the beta before.
We pointed out the issues in the Beta version about using HDR during night and we suggested many months ago to implement a function that deactivates HDR during night. I would assume that when releasing 2.0 that a function like this would have been implemented after the long wait.

Honestly I'm very disappointed with the 2.0 version and don't see any reason at the moment to install it because it's released despite they have knowledge about the issues with HDR and it needs patching and then another update.

So I would just wait with updating until they release something more stable because this isn't what I would define as a stable version and if Viofo thinks this is stable then I'm sorry but then I think I have gotten the wrong picture about Viofo as a brand that releases fast and stable updates and that they listen to users.

tejofeb223

@viofo Firmware 1.03 was very good at day, new beta firmware 2.0 was very good at night. Maybe could you explain where is the problem to detect lumens of actual image and enable hdr automatically when image is enough dark and disable it when its bright. If we understand this, it will be more understandable to us. Please viofo ;]