Search results

1. N

New Firmware Install No Go

So I plugged in my cam to my PC to pull some footage and figured I would update the firmware. Followed the usual steps but It wont install. I copy the new version to the formated card unplugged and plug back in and nothing happens. Lights dont flash as installing and file doesn't disappear as...
  2. N

Power Port

I have been watching the install videos on YouTube..... some installers (when hard wiring) say to NOT plug the power cord into the power port at the top of the unit but to use the USB port on the SIDE of the camera. They said it must be plugged in that way for Parking Mode to work. Is that...
  3. N

Dead Battery.... Wired wrong?

Ive had the A129Duo for a while and ran the wiring externally. In Sept. 2019 I took it to Best Buy to have them install under headliner,etc and wire correctly. I bought Viofos hard wire and tap kits and gave them both but they did not use the tap kit. When I got home, I could not get parking...
  4. N

New Firmware Won't Install

Have had cams a while.....Card is in my cam, plugged into my PC and I copied the new version 1.1 (12/2/19) from the download and pasted under DCIM (not IN it). Then unplugged unit, plugged back in (like instructed) and plugged back into car. Version on menu still says 1.9 even after formatted...
  5. N

Loop Recording is Random- Wrong settings?

Ok... please look at my settings... what is incorrect? I tested my footage last week and saw it records for 7 days and then actually stopped recording. WTH. Had a 64GB card. Latest Firmware, and formatted. So on 9/28, bought the next card up, 128GB and just tested it again. It's only recorded...
  6. N

Hard Wire Kit Purchase Necessary?

So I've installed and hooked up my cams and they work great. But it's all just installed externally. I now want to take it into to a place (like Best Buy) and have them pull the headliner, panels, etc and hide the wires/hook up to the fuse box. Should I purchase the hard wire kit from Viofos...
  7. N

Lens Reflection

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to lesson the reflection of the lens/windshield. See lower curved white reflection in photo.
  8. N

Menu Button won't allow Settings access

Newbie here.... set up camera fine but now Im trying to get back in to Settings to tweak things and cant get in. I read that Recording mode needs to be off... ok. Did that and nothing happens. If I press n hold, the unit shuts off. I feel like an idiot. What am I doing wrong? I can see the...