Search results

1. X

A129 Pro Duo died during update

OP flashed the A139 bootloader into the A129 Pro, which will allow flashing of A139 firmware. If you still have your device you can try to flash back the A129 Pro boot loader, then flash back A129 Pro firmware. You may need to rename the A129 Pro Bootloader to a A139 bootloader for it to be...
  2. X

Parking Mode only keeps the last 200 or so video clips

20210622? An older firmware? What about V2.5 20210806?
  3. X

Viofo A129 Pro Duo Bitrate configuration doesn't work

The option is already there under bitrate: Bitrate H.264 H.265 Low 15.3 Mb/s 13.7 Mb/s Medium 30.3 Mb/s 22.4 Mb/s High 42.4 Mb/s 34.5 Mb/s Max 60.3 Mb/s 52.4 Mb/s The advantage of H.265 over H.264 is to give you higher quality with the same bitrate, or same quality with lower...
  4. X

Parking mode recording continually without stopping

Double check your hardwire kit wiring? Many cases they were wired wrongly. ACC should go to something that only has power when the car is running and has no power when car is off, that is how the camera decides to switch between parking and driving mode, and voltage cut won't happen in driving...
  5. X

Camera no longer works after 1 year !!!

Did you register your product? If you did the warranty is 18 months and they should replace it for you. RMA is usually the responsibility of the local distributor. I had mine since Nov 19, just past the 18 months warranty, hopefully nothing happens to mine.
  6. X

Installing wire kit

Best to tap from fuse box, because there is a fuse protecting whatever you are tapping. Choose something non-critical and obvious, like maybe the dome light or interior lighting. So if something goes wrong worst case is your camera and dome/interior lighting not working. It also makes it easier...
  7. X

Installing wire kit

highly probable, the obd wire that you connect the red wire to may be the wire the system uses to monitor battery voltage. With the load of the camera, the system may detect a lower than actual voltage or higher than expected drain and throw an error code/warning light.
  8. X

A129 PRO Wifi station missing?

There are alot of things to consider with adding firmware code. The Pro and Plus may not have enough storage to store this new code, as they already contain additional stuff that the normal does not have. It could also be limitation of heat and power, as again, the Pro and Plus generate more...
  9. X

A129 PRO Wifi station missing?

VIOFO never said the Pro would have station mode, even for the normal A129, it was something they added later to the A129.
  10. X

A129 Duo - Unusable audio recording

There is option to turn off the mic, check your settings.
  11. X

Where are A129 Pro firmware update Viofo?

Again, what are the features you are missing? mine has all the features that it said it would have, and most of us don't experience the same repeating issues that the few reported here. I have no beep issues, even from the pre v1.7T days, no missing recordings, no time gaps, no overheating shut...
  12. X

Where are A129 Pro firmware update Viofo?

New? I got mine in Nov 2019. It was released around Sep 2019. What features are you missing?
  13. X

Please Help!

You mentioned you changed the password, did you change the WiFi password on the camera? did you reflect that change on your phone? When WiFi is on the camera will display the password on the display.
  14. X

what update is this?

This article makes no sense. V2.1 was released in Oct 2020. The way it organises the parking and driving mode files and how it purges the old files worked almost the same as V1.0 when it was out in Sep 2019. It never had memory partitioning, only purging algo. Both parking and driving mode files...
  15. X

Resolution setting resets

There is an option that adds a 90s delay when changing from driving mode to parking mode that is meant for start-stop vehicles.
  16. X

Using A129 Pro Duo With Multiple Vehicles

If you look at the 2nd photo, you will see the adhesive is already attached to a mount
  17. X

Using A129 Pro Duo With Multiple Vehicles

The rear camera can be removed from its mount like the front camera, so you don't really need to buy 3 rear cameras, just 3 mounts. https://www.viofo.com/en/accessories/92-3m-vhb-double-adhesive-sticker-rear-mount-for-a129-duoa129-duo-ira129-pro-duoa129-plus-duo-rear-camera.html
  18. X

A129 Pro Firmware Files

Since VIOFO deleted all their links to previous version firmware, I've uploaded all that I have. https://www.xsocam.com/downloads/viofo/
  19. X

Viofo A129 Plus + Hardwire kit + parking mode, led not shutting off or normal? Wifi mode always goes off.

This is great advice, replacing 4 128s is definitely cheaper than a single 512. Having multiple cards and rotate them