Parking Mode and Hardwire

dawnchorus6010

Hello,
I have a question regarding the A129 Duo and hardwiring.

I have noticed on previous models I've owned (A119S) that turning Parking Mode on causes constant alerts and clips to be saved during driving, which leads me to believe that Parking Mode has to be manually enabled every time I want it on.

I have seen several posts across the web regarding parking mode and hardwiring.
With the A129 on firmware version V1.3 is it necessary to turn Parking Mode on (For example 3FPS Setting) for recording to happen or will this still do the same thing whilst driving?
I read that the camera is able to detect when the car is no longer in motion and will lower bitrate to compensate and only record during motion.

What I want to know is do I need to turn on Parking Mode everytime I park?

Do I need a specific hardwire kit? I have several but none of which have the third ACC cable. Will this still work? It is a voltage protection relayed fuse kit which has worked in the past for powering devices.

If someone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Systeman

I've just hardwired my A129 Duo I recently purchased. I've done it so the dash cam is permanently on. I'm not worried about battery drain because the hardwire kit from VIOFO has battery voltage drain protection. Consumption is very low. It can of course be hardwired so it only comes on when ignition is on. I used the 'ADD A FUSE' link wire that came with the kit I purchased. Just make sure the fuses go in in the correct order and right way round if you use one of these.

Now, about your question.

Yes, only turn on parking mode when parked. Because of the way the field of view sensor is set up, if in motion videos would not correctly record in a continuous way for each video file. Parking mode is for recording changes of movement of a scene, driving mode is for recording the movement of a vehicle as is moves through a scene.

dawnchorus6010

I've just hardwired my A129 Duo I recently purchased. I've done it so the dash cam is permanently on. I'm not worried about battery drain because the hardwire kit from VIOFO has battery voltage drain protection. Consumption is very low. It can of course be hardwired so it only comes on when ignition is on. I used the 'ADD A FUSE' link wire that came with the kit I purchased. Just make sure the fuses go in in the correct order and right way round if you use one of these.

Now, about your question.

Yes, only turn on parking mode when parked. Because of the way the field of view sensor is set up, if in motion videos would not correctly record in a continuous way for each video file. Parking mode is for recording changes of movement of a scene, driving mode is for recording the movement of a vehicle as is moves through a scene.
Thanks for your reply.
I have since had response from VIOFO Support tech who has sent me some beta firmware that allows parking mode to function as I mentioned above.
After X amount of time gps and speed unchanged the device will swap to low bitrate 1fps parking mode inwhich when movement or bump detected it records and reverts back to normal.
Rinse repeat.

guyshuster007

Hi everyone,
I have A129 and just installed the 3 wire kit as described. ACC power to after switch fuse, Battery to always power battery fuse, and Ground.
I turned the switche at the 3 wire box to 12V/24V.
And Turned On the parking Mode.
The camera still works as before, it dose not record when i switch the engine Off.
I dont understand whts wrong.
Please Help.
Guy

Attachments

kucukaga

Hi everyone,
I have A129 and just installed the 3 wire kit as described. ACC power to after switch fuse, Battery to always power battery fuse, and Ground.
The camera still works as before, it dose not record when i switch the engine Off.
Please Help.
Guy

Be sure to connect the red wire to a fuse that receives continuous energy

Systeman

Hi everyone,
Please Help.
Guy
Follow this wiring diagram but make sure you have the latest firmware.

A129 Duo V1.5 Firmware
Wiring diagram for hardwire kit with 3 wires.

Set the switch to 11.8V

Fixit

Hi everyone,
Please Help.
Guy
Here's what I have determined after having the same problem while installing mine over the weekend. Parking mode with the 3-wire kit works fine as long as you have the power cable plugged directly into the camera. Plugged into the GPS base, it will not work.

peachumz

Here's what I have determined after having the same problem while installing mine over the weekend. Parking mode with the 3-wire kit works fine as long as you have the power cable plugged directly into the camera. Plugged into the GPS base, it will not work.
I'm also confused as to how it is supposed to work. What were your settings and how did you test? I also have just installed an A129Duo with 3 wire kit but I thought I got it to work on the 1fps setting plugged in to the GPS.

VIOFO-Swin

Follow this wiring diagram but make sure you have the latest firmware.

A129 Duo V1.5 Firmware
Wiring diagram for hardwire kit with 3 wires.

Set the switch to 11.8V
Suggest to set the switch to 12.4V to protect your car battery.
The lower the voltage setting, the shorter the car battery life, assuming that it regularly reaches the cut off limit, which depends on how much and how often you drive the car.
If you often leave the car unused for over a week at a time then it might be wise to increase that.

benkar

I have a camera connected via Hardwire kit with 3 wires. The parking mode is set to motion detection. How do I set "Motion detection" in the menu? On or off? I do not understand why there is a 2x motion detection in the camera? Are not the two functions unnecessary? Can anyone explain it to me?

VIOFO-Swin

I have a camera connected via Hardwire kit with 3 wires. The parking mode is set to motion detection. How do I set "Motion detection" in the menu? On or off? I do not understand why there is a 2x motion detection in the camera? Are not the two functions unnecessary? Can anyone explain it to me?
It's not available to activate the two function at the same time. If with ACC hardwire kit, we suggest you to activate the "auto event detection" in PM as the camera can enter into/out PM based on ACC signal by itself, so you don't need to turn on the "motion detection" by manual every time.

benkar

It's not available to activate the two function at the same time. If with ACC hardwire kit, we suggest you to activate the "auto event detection" in PM as the camera can enter into/out PM based on ACC signal by itself, so you don't need to turn on the "motion detection" by manual every time.
Thanks for the information. I thought so. Regards

Last edited:

PeterBoylan

In Parking Mode does the camera remain on? As in do all 3 led lights and the screen stay on?

I have the following settings:
Parking Mode: Auto Event Detection
Motion Dection: Off
G-sensor: Medium Sensitivity

(I live on a main road so the camera would constantly be detecting motion if have motion detection turned on)

I have just installed the 3 wire kit, And the camera doesnt appear to be turning off, I have the cable plugged directly into camera and not gps module. - My Assumption was the camera would go into 'standby' mode in parking mode ie turn off lights and screen and then turn back on if g sensor detects something??? Maybe I'm wrong?
Hopefully someone can help me with this

benkar

In Parking Mode does the camera remain on? As in do all 3 led lights and the screen stay on?

I have the following settings:
Parking Mode: Auto Event Detection
Motion Dection: Off
G-sensor: Medium Sensitivity

(I live on a main road so the camera would constantly be detecting motion if have motion detection turned on)

I have just installed the 3 wire kit, And the camera doesnt appear to be turning off, I have the cable plugged directly into camera and not gps module. - My Assumption was the camera would go into 'standby' mode in parking mode ie turn off lights and screen and then turn back on if g sensor detects something??? Maybe I'm wrong?
Hopefully someone can help me with this
Yes, in parking mode the camera remains on. If you turn it off manually with the left button, it will not record anything in the event of a move - it will be hard turned off. I noticed that in parking mode the diodes are not extinguished. The screen goes off after the time you set in the menu. The camera will not turn off (will still record) in motion detection mode if it keeps track of any movement.

Last edited:

GReading

I have tried the various parking modes and they all work but are not my preferred way of setting it up. I would like to have an Auto Event Detection but with a lower frame rate than the regular recording mode (30fps). I find when the car is parked there is often too much motion and the camera is constantly recording. Is it possible to have a combined set up without lowering the regular recording rate?