Parking Mode and Hardwire

Joebin

G-sensor events in parking mode are locked and moved to the RO folder. Motion activated parking mode files are stored in the regular DCIM folder.
To view these folders, you need to access the card via a computer, correct? Is it possible to sort through the different folders on the viofo app/camera itself?

Capture Your Action

To view these folders, you need to access the card via a computer, correct? Is it possible to sort through the different folders on the viofo app/camera itself?
Yes, you can view them via the Viofo app and on the camera itself.

Capture Your Action

Would you be able to explain how to view these? Is this also where the locked files go (the event button triangle w/ ! in it)
To view on the camera, you need to stop the recording (press the REC button to stop recording) then press the ! button to enter playback mode. All files should be viewable in there. Locked files are in the RO folder, which should be viewable as well. I don't really ever use the app, but it should be fairly self explanatory. I think there is a link/button in the app for files. App can be buggy depending on what phone your using.

Joebin

To view on the camera, you need to stop the recording (press the REC button to stop recording) then press the ! button to enter playback mode. All files should be viewable in there. Locked files are in the RO folder, which should be viewable as well. I don't really ever use the app, but it should be fairly self explanatory. I think there is a link/button in the app for files. App can be buggy depending on what phone your using.
I accessed the files but there is no separate folder?.
I hit the event button and it just shows me all the recordings and only signifies the locked ones with a key. How do I view the separate folder?

Attachments

Capture Your Action

I guess on the phone itself it doesn’t show the RO folder, but the locked file are those that are stored in the RO folder when viewed on a PC.

Joebin

Ok I'll try the PC because it does not show the files in a different folder via app or camera itself

brimeg37

I would use a USB wall charger for power. Computer USB ports are underpowered for the camera and the camera will simply boot to Mass Storage mode (blue screen) if using the short data cable.
I seemed to have gotten the wired straightened out. I still do not understand it but the accessory wire would not get power in an (empty) accessory circuit until I put a second fuse in the non Viofo circuit. I know you may be doubting me but it seemed that somehow the car was shutting power off to the circuit if power was being drawn but it didn't detect power going through to wherever that circuit was going. It would test positive with the circuit tester. I have a 2019 Volt.
In any case, I have verified that the power is working as it would need to but still it is recording while parked. But I think I know why - there is a charge status light on the dash in the front center which is within the camera view. When the car is plugged in, as it is every night, the light flashes until the battery is fully charged and then remains on. The Viofo appears to be detecting that as motion (both flashing and on) and therefore recording. The camera is set to Autodetect. I am going to cover the light to confirm that being the cause and will report back. If it is as I think, maybe I can position the camera so as not be get the dash while still capturing everything in front of the car.

Capture Your Action

I seemed to have gotten the wired straightened out. I still do not understand it but the accessory wire would not get power in an (empty) accessory circuit until I put a second fuse in the non Viofo circuit. I know you may be doubting me but it seemed that somehow the car was shutting power off to the circuit if power was being drawn but it didn't detect power going through to wherever that circuit was going. It would test positive with the circuit tester. I have a 2019 Volt.
In any case, I have verified that the power is working as it would need to but still it is recording while parked. But I think I know why - there is a charge status light on the dash in the front center which is within the camera view. When the car is plugged in, as it is every night, the light flashes until the battery is fully charged and then remains on. The Viofo appears to be detecting that as motion (both flashing and on) and therefore recording. The camera is set to Autodetect. I am going to cover the light to confirm that being the cause and will report back. If it is as I think, maybe I can position the camera so as not be get the dash while still capturing everything in front of the car.

Shay

When the engine is off, and the cam get into the parking mode - Auto Event Detection, it is not drain the battery while the camera doesn't shut down?
I have tested it, and even after 30 minutes after shutting down the engine, the cam was still on - on parking mode, so I wonder if everything is fine in this way.

And another question, what is recommended to select for the sensitivity of the parking mode and the parking mode g sensor sensitivity, g sensor sensitivity?

benkar

When the engine is off, and the cam get into the parking mode - Auto Event Detection, it is not drain the battery while the camera doesn't shut down?
I have tested it, and even after 30 minutes after shutting down the engine, the cam was still on - on parking mode, so I wonder if everything is fine in this way.

And another question, what is recommended to select for the sensitivity of the parking mode and the parking mode g sensor sensitivity, g sensor sensitivity?
Of course, the camera discharges the battery. Therefore, the HW kit has the possibility to set the limit values of volts so that when they reach the camera turns off completely and does not discharge the battery.

Alshamal

We seem to be waiting an awfully long time for any updates or suggestions on the problem that lots of are having with Bufferd Parking Mode with A129 Duo .

It's as if the A129 has been forgotten and all the info and talk is about the very latest cameras!!!

dunkel_Stern

Sooo! I have the same issue, if I set the camera to parking mode, it freezes until I reboot it, and after that it loses all the settings

Alshamal

We seem to be waiting an awfully long time for any updates or suggestions on the problem that lots of are having with Bufferd Parking Mode with A129 Duo .

It's as if the A129 has been forgotten and all the info and talk is about the very latest cameras!!!
I asked Viofo when will we get something done about the Bufferd Parking Mode issues, they said they hope to have firmware updates in October!!!

Alshamal

Well it's now half way through October and nothing has been forthcoming on the parking mode issues Viofo told me October!
I'm beginning to think I've bought a camera that's not fit for the purpose it was advertised it would do !