Parking Mode and Hardwire

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried the various parking modes and they all work but are not my preferred way of setting it up. I would like to have an Auto Event Detection but with a lower frame rate than the regular recording mode (30fps). I find when the car is parked there is often too much motion and the camera is constantly recording. Is it possible to have a combined set up without lowering the regular recording rate?
Thanks for your suggestion, low fps for motion detection will save much space.

Systeman

Do you mean a parking mode setting for auto detect and time lapse option? Lowering the frame rate I think would give that effect.

Have you ried turning off WDF before switching on parking mode? that might help in preventing the camera from picking up too much motion. Just a guess though.

GReading

I would like to have a time lapse or lower frame rate option that would only be in effect for the parking mode. As I mentioned I do not want normal recording to be affected.

Capture Your Action

I would like to have a time lapse or lower frame rate option that would only be in effect for the parking mode. As I mentioned I do not want normal recording to be affected.
There is a time lapse option in parking mode.

GReading

In parking mode you can select either Auto Event (motion/collision) or a slower fps rate but not both. I only want recording to start in parking mode if there is an event but at a slower rate than normal recording. I want to do both and I don't think that is available.

Capture Your Action

In parking mode you can select either Auto Event (motion/collision) or a slower fps rate but not both. I only want recording to start in parking mode if there is an event but at a slower rate than normal recording. I want to do both and I don't think that is available.
No, can't do both. Not sure how much interest there would be in that option. Motion Detection isn't the most reliable as it is. If there was a collision, I would think you'd want full frame rate to gather as much information as possible. Also, there would not be any audio.

GReading

The problem with motion detection is that in a busy parking lot the dashcam is always recording and at 30fps that eats up a lot of the memory card. I would also take an option just to have it come on with a collision and not for motion.

Dec

Capture Your Action

Hi have A129 duo with V1.5 Firmware was wondering roughly how long it will last on car battery before switch turns camera off set at 11.8 or 12V.
I'm getting about 4 hours on 12v and low bitrate recording and about 10 hours on 11.8V
It will all depend on battery health. I use low bitrate parking mode, with the kit set to 12.4V and the camera doesn't shut down in the 9 hours I routinely run it in parking mode. I just shut the camera down when parked in my garage.

Dec

My car not 2 years old yet so I don't know why I'm not getting same results as you are. Thanks for your reply

Capture Your Action

My car not 2 years old yet so I don't know why I'm not getting same results as you are. Thanks for your reply
I drive about 1.5-2 hours a day (mostly highway), so my battery is probably always fully charged. If you drive a lot less your battery may not ever fully recharge every day, so each day your battery may get a little weaker. If that's the case, you may want to fully charge you battery with a charger every so often, just to keep your battery near full charge.

I drive about 1.5-2 hours a day (mostly highway), so my battery is probably always fully charged. If you drive a lot less your battery may not ever fully recharge every day, so each day your battery may get a little weaker. If that's the case, you may want to fully charge you battery with a charger every so often, just to keep your battery near full charge.
I miss the battery magic option that blackvue provides that shuts off parking mode before battery drain. I am worried about having my daughter taking my car for a week, and drive it sparingly. Will the parking mode drain the battery?

Systeman

Viofo HK3 hardwire kit option has settings to prevent the vehicle battery being completely drained. During use the battery will drain to the point of the setting, e.g. 11.8V, 12V, 12,2V, 12.4V. Once the battery attains the setting level the camera will turn off, leaving enough volts to power engine start up and alarm system etc.

One has to bear in mind the size of vehicle battery and its holding charge. Therefore, select the best option in the wiring kit voltage cut-off switch.

Capture Your Action

I miss the battery magic option that blackvue provides that shuts off parking mode before battery drain. I am worried about having my daughter taking my car for a week, and drive it sparingly. Will the parking mode drain the battery?
If you use the 3-wire hardwire kit and set it appropriately, it should turn off the camera before it drains the battery too far.

Thank you for the reply Systeman. My Viofo A129 was professionally installed. Am I able to tell through the settings menu whether it was
set at 11.8V, 12V, 12.2V, or 12.4V?

In selecting between the three parking mode options: auto detection, low bitrate and time lapse, which option causes the lowest drain
on the battery?

brimeg37

I have the 3 wire kit and my dashcam records continuously while parked. I think I have tried the various settings but it still continuously records. I didn't think it should work that way as it would seem to defeat the purpose of motion detection. But if I am understanding some of the posts here, it is intended to continuously record in parking mode. Would someone please explain the settings concerning parking mode recording.

Capture Your Action

I have the 3 wire kit and my dashcam records continuously while parked. I think I have tried the various settings but it still continuously records. I didn't think it should work that way as it would seem to defeat the purpose of motion detection. But if I am understanding some of the posts here, it is intended to continuously record in parking mode. Would someone please explain the settings concerning parking mode recording.
What parking mode are you using?
Are you powering the camera directly, not through the mount?
Is the camera running firmware V1.5 or later?